Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Normal Advert System

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> All Players and overall experience 

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> I Want to change the current command system to the good old advert, It seems like adverts are almost never used in this server, I Think its odd using a system like this when you can use /advert for stuff such as this.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> Reasons For Change:

Its Really glitchy, Me and my friends had so much problems with it. How many times it happend when the commands did not work or glitched out for certain jobs or in general?

Its Barely visible, Most of the times when someone raid my base or PD i wont even notice, Its hard to spot and can be mistaken for regular message, Those things create problems like people complain for false RDM or police forces wouldn't react quickly enough to defend the mayor in the PD. Advert messages cant be ignored due to their bright Yellow Color that indicates something has started. It Will make the experience much better, When raids accrue players can engage more tactically as they understand a potential raid has started and might be targeting them, And that's better from being killed surprisingly from behind while not realizing your being raided.

• It Will allow to use bind combinations to make a custom Raid/Kidnap/Mug message which is always nice 

Overall that's my thought about the idea. Would YOU like a change?

Beware a man with nothing to lose
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHA-QM-q-3ERoses SAINt JHN

It was removed for a reason

It was removed due to the fact that people would break the cool down or not even advert at all. Multi adverts are against the rules anyway. This system is much easier, you just have to get used to looking out for the new messages.
[Image: IS_THAT_SO.gif]

The new system is much better in that it enforces cooldowns, and ever since it's been added the amount of sits related to this cooldown being broken or people raiding without cooldown decreased significantly. That's a pretty big deal, because that means there's been a LOT less 

A new feature for the custom raid binds system *would* be neat, where you'd use "/raid Hide your wives, hide your children!" to include a custom message  and it would come up in chat as:
Sorkbonkler has started a raid. || Hide your wives, hide your children!
Sorkbonkler was killed in a raid.
Sorkbonkler ran out of time while raiding.
Sorkbonkler ended the raid manually. ||  Hide your wives, hide your children!

This would add the customization back, something i feel like a lot of people missed. It'll also be brightly colored again so you won't miss it (but i always felt like knowing someone was raiding you was a bit... unrealistic, and rather people should place cameras and check them regularly)

Yes, the system is glitchy, but that's because it's new. It's bound to be, and these errors will disappear over time.

I believe it should stay, but the above change could be made if neseccary.

(04-18-2018, 09:27 AM)Sorkbonkler Wrote: The new system is much better in that it enforces cooldowns, and ever since it's been added the amount of sits related to this cooldown being broken or people raiding without cooldown decreased significantly. That's a pretty big deal, because that means there's been a LOT less 

A new feature for the custom raid binds system *would* be neat, where you'd use "/raid Hide your wives, hide your children!" to include a custom message  and it would come up in chat as:

This would add the customization back, something i feel like a lot of people missed. It'll also be brightly colored again so you won't miss it (but i always felt like knowing someone was raiding you was a bit... unrealistic, and rather people should place cameras and check them regularly)

Yes, the system is glitchy, but that's because it's new. It's bound to be, and these errors will disappear over time.

[Image: v88mRDd.png]

(04-18-2018, 03:10 PM)DEADMONSTOR Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 09:27 AM)Sorkbonkler Wrote: The new system is much better in that it enforces cooldowns, and ever since it's been added the amount of sits related to this cooldown being broken or people raiding without cooldown decreased significantly. That's a pretty big deal, because that means there's been a LOT less 

[Image: v88mRDd.png]

yeeee

we have the current system for a reason

closed