Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Poll: Do you agree with this?
This poll is closed.
Yes
62.50%
5 62.50%
No
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Power Suits

Power suits are awfully costly, and when the server unexpectedly restarts or crashes a lot of hefty refunds have to be given. This is why I am proposing the idea of making power suits require battery power.

At the power suit NPC there would be a button to buy a power station and a power bank. Plugging the power bank into the power station would turn it on. Upon the player standing on this power station the battery life of the suit they are wearing will increase.
The battery life would stay the same or deplete when you die.
Upon 100% depletion of the power suit's battery, all it's functions would simply stop working (Health would revert and you would not be able to use the super speed).
To compensate for the ridiculous strength of these suits, they would have a low battery life that increases a bit the better the suit. (Or the other way around, the more powerful the suit the less battery life.)

Not only is this helpful to those who unexpectedly lose the suit, but it is helpful to those who find it hard to get money as well as the staff team as they would not have to worry about refunding these exponentially expensive items.
~Nitro / Gordon

How would this battery fix people losing their suits in crashes & rdm for example? Suits are an inventory item, and if you die while holding an inventory item you lose it.
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

If i read this correctly, you do realise that if the server crashes everything resets
When life gives you lemons
squeeze them back into life's eyes!

(05-15-2018, 04:09 PM)Lemonite Wrote: If i read this correctly, you do realise that if the server crashes everything resets

Well, not everything. Money, ranks, permas etc
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(05-15-2018, 04:09 PM)Lemonite Wrote: If i read this correctly, you do realise that if the server crashes everything resets

you live

tho this is a shitty suggestion

-rep
Power suits are expensive as is, forcing people to buy stuff to charge their suit is not needed. The suit would also be lost in a raid which would just leave unhappy players. It wouldn’t help with server crashes or RDM either.

I think you're trying to say they should be permanent, and just require battery life instead?

They're incredibly powerful and annoying to fight against, people will equip them to get away to a safe spot and then safeguard them in their inventory and continue sniping. They're supposed to be extremely costly, because they're broken overpowered.
For that reason, i don't think making them permanent is a good idea. Heck, i'm against them as a whole.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]