Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Arrest reasons

Taking care of three problems in one with this suggestion.
After arresting someone, a prompt comes up on the arresting officers' screen, asking them to put in the law broken that warrants the arrest. They can't close this menu without choosing and submitting the reason from, say, a drop-down box. If a reason isn't supplied within 15-ish seconds, the victim is unjailed and the officer is given some kind of penalty (eg. losing 5k, or getting a "false arrest" strike with a demote at 3). The officer can still choose or submit a reason while dead.

First Problem: Players that are arrested are often confused and call sits for RDA. These hardly ever turn out to be RDA, but take a good two minutes each with no penalty for the sit-caller (they were in jail anyways)
First Solution: Players are presented with the reason/law broken on their screen during their arrest. Players can be punished for calling false sits just to waste the time of the person that arrested them, because they already knew the reason.

Second Problem: Police can run into a group of people, taser and arrest someone, and run away again. Not only is this unrealistic, people should also feel safe when they're grouped together, or at least be able to get revenge on the person that arrested their friends.
Second Solution: The officer can't run away immediately, because they need to put in the reason first. Comparable to them "taking away" the prisoner and gives grouped up players a chance to get revenge on the cop that arrested their friend. During raids, police will be likelier to use weapons instead of arresting (like they should) and will only attempt to "tackle (eg. arrest)" the very last person.

Third Problem: People make up laws, or arrest for things that aren't really against the laws at all. Basically RDA, but they get away with it often.
Third Solution: People are forced to pick a law from the drop-down menu. If that law isn't in accordance with whatever they claim in a RDA sit, they're through.

Not much else to say. Tell me your thoughts on this, i'd love to hear em.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2018, 09:12 PM by Exhility.)

+rep good suggestion that solves a lot of things not only on the roleplay side of things but also administrative as it would be easier to solve RDA sits.
my only concern is people being annoyed when they're flashed with an unavoidable notice in their face forcing them to select a reason, and since some laws demand things to be AOS, and this would be a direct nerf to CP which is kinda weak as is with their weapon loadout. I think the 5 or so seconds between your friend being tazered and arrested is enough for you to save them
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(05-15-2018, 09:08 PM)Exhility Wrote: +rep good suggestion that solves a lot of things not only on the roleplay side of things but also administrative as it would be easier to solve RDA sits.
my only concern is people being annoyed when they're flashed with an unavoidable notice in their face forcing them to select a reason, and since some laws demand things to be AOS, and this would be a direct nerf to CP which is kinda weak as is with their weapon loadout. I think the 5 or so seconds between your friend being tazered and arrested is enough for you to save them

That's why it's more of a "revenge kill". They put in the reason after the actual arrest baton, when the victim is already jailed, and can continue putting in the reason if they are killed.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]