Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Suits take time to "put on"/"take off"

Suits are expensive and incredibly powerful. Part of the reason they can be incredibly powerful (although i still inherently disagree with them being a thing in the first place) is because losing them is a huge risk and makes your whole investment go to waste.

But it's really not a risk. Unless four people headshot you with AWPs at the same time, or you get tazed and arrested in the same 0.1 seconds by two officers working together closely, you can take off the suit instantly, your health is set to 100 independent of what it was before you equipped the suit, and you will not lose the suit. 

On the other hand, people have started using them as vehicles to get around the map quicky, again, because taking them on/off is instantaneous. Or medkits. Or a combination of both; "getaway vehicles", where your health pool becomes 800 total and you gain ludicrous speed to run away from a firefight or a police chase, available the second you need it.

Two fixes:
1. Suits take seven seconds to put on or take off. During this time, the user is frozen (not godded) and they will lose the suit if they are killed.
This forces them to run off to a safe location before taking it off, or to come from a safe location when putting them on whereas currently they'd do this in the middle of a firefight or when they're about to be arrested.
2. Suits set your health to a "percentage" of the former health, meaning that if you put one on at 100 hp you'd get 400 hp. On the other hand, if you put one on at 50 hp you'd get 200 hp. This prevents them from being used as quick heals out of combat or "second lives" during combat. This also goes both ways; if you're at 100 hp and take off a level 2 suit, you'd have 25 hp afterwards. (same for armor)

Opinions are, as usual, welcome.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

It'd be better if they where slowed down, not entirely frozen

(05-17-2018, 12:47 PM)Sorkbonkler Wrote: Suits are expensive and incredibly powerful. Part of the reason they can be incredibly powerful (although i still inherently disagree with them being a thing in the first place) is because losing them is a huge risk and makes your whole investment go to waste.

But it's really not a risk. Unless four people headshot you with AWPs at the same time, or you get tazed and arrested in the same 0.1 seconds by two officers working together closely, you can take off the suit instantly, your health is set to 100 independent of what it was before you equipped the suit, and you will not lose the suit. 

On the other hand, people have started using them as vehicles to get around the map quicky, again, because taking them on/off is instantaneous. Or medkits. Or a combination of both; "getaway vehicles", where your health pool becomes 800 total and you gain ludicrous speed to run away from a firefight or a police chase, available the second you need it.

Two fixes:
1. Suits take seven seconds to put on or take off. During this time, the user is frozen (not godded) and they will lose the suit if they are killed.
This forces them to run off to a safe location before taking it off, or to come from a safe location when putting them on whereas currently they'd do this in the middle of a firefight or when they're about to be arrested.
2. Suits set your health to a "percentage" of the former health, meaning that if you put one on at 100 hp you'd get 400 hp. On the other hand, if you put one on at 50 hp you'd get 200 hp. This prevents them from being used as quick heals out of combat or "second lives" during combat. This also goes both ways; if you're at 100 hp and take off a level 2 suit, you'd have 25 hp afterwards. (same for armor)

Opinions are, as usual, welcome.

If you have 60 hp (for example) take on your suit, and then take it off, you don't get your health put back to 100?
[Image: XNtnY2k.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 05:14 PM by Exhility.)

Be prepared for a wave of people crying because they got killed 0.01 seconds after putting on their suit (which can happen currently but would be more frequent because of the vulnerability in the 7-second freeze).

A good proposition for the current problem with suits though, countering how quickly you can zoom out of a situation. The effectiveness, however, will be defined by how long the freeze is, whether to make it a slow, and how slow or long the slow would be. I personally think 7 seconds is a bit long, I think 3-4 seconds (with an audio/video indication) is enough for people to react and kill the person equipping it.

+rep to the base idea
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(05-17-2018, 02:52 PM)SynZ™ Wrote: If you have 60 hp (for example) take on your suit, and then take it off, you don't get your health put back to 100?
I've briefly tested this with Eyecreate today- it seemed like they did.

(05-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Exhility Wrote: A good proposition for the current problem with suits though, countering how quickly you can zoom out of a situation. The effectiveness, however, will be defined by how long the freeze is, whether to make it a slow, and how slow or long the slow would be. I personally think 7 seconds is a bit long, I think 3-4 seconds (with an audio/video indication) is enough for people to react and kill the person equipping it.

Yeah, sound/visuals would be neat (like the electric material when they're putting it on) with a random time between 3 and 4 should be fine, but then it should be frozen completely- they're busy putting a full-body suit on, after all.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

(05-17-2018, 05:47 PM)Sorkbonkler Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 02:52 PM)SynZ™ Wrote: If you have 60 hp (for example) take on your suit, and then take it off, you don't get your health put back to 100?

(05-17-2018, 05:13 PM)Exhility Wrote: A good proposition for the current problem with suits though, countering how quickly you can zoom out of a situation. The effectiveness, however, will be defined by how long the freeze is, whether to make it a slow, and how slow or long the slow would be. I personally think 7 seconds is a bit long, I think 3-4 seconds (with an audio/video indication) is enough for people to react and kill the person equipping it.

Yeah, sound/visuals would be neat (like the electric material when they're putting it on) with a random time between 3 and 4 should be fine, but then it should be frozen completely- they're busy putting a full-body suit on, after all.

https://gyazo.com/7dd0d548cd7090b216074cb21f66b3e0

(05-18-2018, 11:53 AM)DEADMONSTOR Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 05:47 PM)Sorkbonkler Wrote:

https://gyazo.com/7dd0d548cd7090b216074cb21f66b3e0

^

closed