Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Activity logs

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 05:00 PM by Exhility.)

Hi all.

My suggestion is to have a senior admin/manager post a log of how much time a person has spent on the server the last 7 days, on staff applications. This would filter people who play 20 hours within 1-2 days and apply for staff. I believe these logs should be a key part in deciding someone's position in the staff team, as spending 20 hours within 1-2 days doesn't necessarily show commitment and spending two hours every week until you get 20 doesn't necessarily show activity. The logs would be posted before the managers deny/accept the application, and this helps a lot when trying to find who's committed, and who's active. I don't think this should be too much hassle, and would help increase the quality of staff being accepted into the team as they'd apply for staff without thinking too much about it, and leave possibly a week later.

For example: 

10/05/18: 1hr 23m 46s
11/05/18: 39m 12s
So on..

I believe such logs exist and would be beneficial to managers when deciding who should be in the staff team.

Edit: maybe use these logs as a weekly checkup on existing staff to see how they're doing or who's inactive, and a quota per day/week could be put in place
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM by KittyBlue.)

These kind of logs are being used every so often to check staff activity, hence for some demotions recently and in the past

Also, I don't take time on the server into consideration when looking at a staff application. Someone could play for 5 minutes and be an outstanding person with good knowledge and great application, while someone with 4 weeks game time could get banned for mass rdm and have a shit application and be a horrid person.
[Image: lapudoa8763.gif]

(05-17-2018, 06:50 PM)KittyBlue Wrote: These kind of logs are being used every so often to check staff activity, hence for some demotions recently and in the past

Also, I don't take time on the server into consideration when looking at a staff application. Someone could play for 5 minutes and be an outstanding person with good knowledge and great application, while someone with 4 weeks game time could get banned for mass rdm and have a shit application and be a horrid person.

Ignore my edit then, I'm not 100% aware of how the staff team is managed.

Of course, play time isn't a core component of a staff application, but it shows a number of things that I think are important to consider and will influence the chances: activity, knowledge, commitment etc. These are all important qualities a staff member should possess.

And no, I don't think someone can gain good knowledge of the ins and outs of the server in 5 minutes. Say they did play 5 minutes and apply, will they be committed after the 5 minutes? Do the 5 minutes show the amount of activity they'll display as staff?
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(05-17-2018, 06:50 PM)KittyBlue Wrote: These kind of logs are being used every so often to check staff activity, hence for some demotions recently and in the past

Yes. And someone who's 10 years old could be real mature, and someone aged 18 could behave like a child. Yet we still have an age requirement.

While generalization can be horrible, it can also be a powerful tool- generally speaking, someone who's had more playtime in-game has had more time to meet with other players, more time to adjust to the rules, is more dedicated to the server and will be less likely to leave the staff team or abuse (they've spent a lot of time to get staff) and they're more active (how else would they have gathered their playtime?).

In a perfect world, we'd let everyone apply without any requirements, and run intensive background checks on them, test them in-game and watch their moves closely on the forums and on Discord. But we don't have the time or expertise to do that, so we use the second best thing- generalization.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]