Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

minimum rank to rep an app

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM by Exhility.)

(05-23-2018, 03:34 PM)Tennism8 Wrote: Yes managers have the final say but their decision is influenced by members of staff and the community

who's to say players won't abuse their platform to rep someone just because they had roleplay-based disagreements such as being raided? recruits and operators are still new to the staff team and not long off being a player themselves, so they'd still have a tendency or likelihood to do this.

i can say many names and point towards people, but i won't

my main question is, what's stopping from players -repping someone because of something that happened in-game like being raided or mugged, and labelling it as "DOESN'T KNOW RULES!!" or "I HEARD HE/SHE'S SO TOXIC!!"?

nothing
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2018, 03:57 PM by lewisdragon #RipmyboyX.)

(05-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Exhility Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:30 PM)hawkservers.co lewis dragon Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:23 PM)Exhility Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:20 PM)hawkservers.co lewis dragon Wrote: -rep,
Other staff members like Operator and Recruits should be able to give their opinions on your application(s).

they just got into the team though? and their opinion holds as much weight as a senior admin? i don't think so

Everyone is -repping because for example a recruit or operator has had an issue with you before they wouldn't be able to -rep your application with a reasoning.

two other people -repped lmao

if the recruit or operator has a problem with someone, it shouldn't be taken out on their staff app, but rather with managers who can sort the situation out (:
Yes, It should be taken out on their application because if they feel you're disrespectful then they feel your not fit for the role and they obviously don't want anyone to be disrespected.
Thank you everyone.. May 2018 - June 2018

+rep
why should some dull recruits who have no experience with almost anyone be able to rep their personality?

(05-23-2018, 03:14 PM)Exhility Wrote: Hello, my suggestion is to restrict anyone below mod or mod+ from repping an app. reps should be from staff only to begin with, because half of them come from butthurt salty kids that have their feelings hurt from when you raided them. throw in the mod+/mod limit because reps are serious and recruits/operators are new to the staff team and shouldn't have an influence on whether someone else can be staff, let alone players. if recruits/operators/players have had a bad experience with the person applying, they should report it instead of nitpicking an excuse to -rep someone. reps aren't purely "constructive criticism" or "help" for you to get staff as some like to phrase it, it's a direct influence and vote on someone else's chances

whoever's accepting/denying, if you're not a fan of the minimum rank at least consider banning players from repping

i know this doesn't really help my case since i'm more popular amongst the players than some of the mods, but w/e, idc
this'll probably be denied because staff care about "MUH OPINION!!!1!!" but w/e, idc

thanks
that is the worst idea ever. What about ex-senior admins such as myself?
Ex-Senior Admin (Resigned mid-may 2018)

(05-23-2018, 07:59 PM)JJTALLBUCKS Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 03:14 PM)Exhility Wrote: Hello, my suggestion is to restrict anyone below mod or mod+ from repping an app. reps should be from staff only to begin with, because half of them come from butthurt salty kids that have their feelings hurt from when you raided them. throw in the mod+/mod limit because reps are serious and recruits/operators are new to the staff team and shouldn't have an influence on whether someone else can be staff, let alone players. if recruits/operators/players have had a bad experience with the person applying, they should report it instead of nitpicking an excuse to -rep someone. reps aren't purely "constructive criticism" or "help" for you to get staff as some like to phrase it, it's a direct influence and vote on someone else's chances

whoever's accepting/denying, if you're not a fan of the minimum rank at least consider banning players from repping

i know this doesn't really help my case since i'm more popular amongst the players than some of the mods, but w/e, idc
this'll probably be denied because staff care about "MUH OPINION!!!1!!" but w/e, idc

thanks
that is the worst idea ever. What about ex-senior admins such as myself?

it's not like you rep apps anyway lol

and with all due respect, you're a player now Smile
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

-rep
Everyone has their own opinions on someone
PROUD ADMIN OF HAWK SERVERS! 

-rep
Staff may not pick up on something at sometimes so with the help of players we can be able to see if someone deserves staff, this kinda confuses me xD
{DMT} Dragonz02

It's really important for me to see reps from EVERYBODY to get the best picture possible

closed