Tips on basing

Hey guys it's me Alta posting yet again lol

I kinda wanna get some tips for making bases, I've been having a bit of trouble building actually good bases mine just end up being ez raids for anyone to do

I guess I'm asking on advice such as
-Avoiding Failbase
-Fading door tips
-Material tips
-where to actually put a base 

and etc etc

would love some tips from you guys!!  Blush
[Image: Banner_to_Alta.png]

Build somewhere where no one goes to, one of the best tips
[Image: Animation85ms.gif]
Without +reps I'll go insane soon     GIVE +REP

Big Grin 

(24-05-2018, 05:51 PM)Jorymo Wrote: Build somewhere where no one goes to, one of the best tips

hmm i'll have to think of that, what if im a gun dealer and want business should i do it near the PD?

(24-05-2018, 05:57 PM)Alta Wrote: hmm i'll have to think of that, what if im a gun dealer and want business should i do it near the PD?

Pretty much, most people are somewhere around the PD and there's a chance police will defend your base
[Image: Animation85ms.gif]
Without +reps I'll go insane soon     GIVE +REP

(24-05-2018, 05:57 PM)Alta Wrote:
(24-05-2018, 05:51 PM)Jorymo Wrote: Build somewhere where no one goes to, one of the best tips

hmm i'll have to think of that, what if im a gun dealer and want business should i do it near the PD?

Base anywhere with high traffic. This includes Spawn, Downtown and if it's coming out of the tunnel from spawn and going towards PD, even better.

Fading Doors
Keep the fading doors in a straight line, so it's a corridor and can be shot through easily. 
Two types of props you should use:
  • Bulletproof (use the two thickness props in the general tab of the menu)
  • Fences (or any penetrable prop)
Use fences so you can shoot down through the fading door corridor and kill any potential raiders inside, remember that they can too. You may want to use one bulletproof prop though for the first fading door, so they can't spray down the corridor unless they bust at least the first door. Normally I just have all the doors be fences though. Don't have all the doors bulletproof though, otherwise you won't be able to kill the raiders until they come through all the fading doors, basically you'd just be delaying the inevitable.

Materials
Continuing on from fading doors, there are similarly two types of materials you can use:
  • Opaque
  • Transparent (don't use fully transparent materials though obviously)
  • There's also translucent (materials such as the rendertest ones) but if you use those you're basically the embodiment of the devil
You can use transparent and opaque materials on fences and use opaque materials on bulletproof props if you're using it for your first fading door. If you use transparent materials on fences it means you can clearly see where the raider is at, but if it's opaque you'll have to randomly spray.

Tip: a good opaque material is debugwhite or shiny, they can be changed to any solid colour as well.

How to avoid making a failbase
This is fairly simple and obvious, but i'll give you some tips and guidelines:
  • Don't make bases which confuse people. This can be done by using the debug materials and setting them to black, as you cannot see the shadow, you get no perception of depth, so the raider has no idea where you are.
  • Only use single props for fading doors, for example, I use the smallest fence as that works fairly well as a fading door.
  • Or just read the rules.
The one and only P5.

(24-05-2018, 07:39 PM)P510 Wrote:
(24-05-2018, 05:57 PM)Alta Wrote:

Base anywhere with high traffic. This includes Spawn, Downtown and if it's coming out of the tunnel from spawn and going towards PD, even better.

Fading Doors
Keep the fading doors in a straight line, so it's a corridor and can be shot through easily. 
Two types of props you should use:
  • Bulletproof (use the two thickness props in the general tab of the menu)
  • Fences (or any penetrable prop)
Use fences so you can shoot down through the fading door corridor and kill any potential raiders inside, remember that they can too. You may want to use one bulletproof prop though for the first fading door, so they can't spray down the corridor unless they bust at least the first door. Normally I just have all the doors be fences though. Don't have all the doors bulletproof though, otherwise you won't be able to kill the raiders until they come through all the fading doors, basically you'd just be delaying the inevitable.

Materials
Continuing on from fading doors, there are similarly two types of materials you can use:
  • Opaque
  • Transparent (don't use fully transparent materials though obviously)
  • There's also translucent (materials such as the rendertest ones) but if you use those you're basically the embodiment of the devil
You can use transparent and opaque materials on fences and use opaque materials on bulletproof props if you're using it for your first fading door. If you use transparent materials on fences it means you can clearly see where the raider is at, but if it's opaque you'll have to randomly spray.

Tip: a good opaque material is debugwhite or shiny, they can be changed to any solid colour as well.

How to avoid making a failbase
This is fairly simple and obvious, but i'll give you some tips and guidelines:
  • Don't make bases which confuse people. This can be done by using the debug materials and setting them to black, as you cannot see the shadow, you get no perception of depth, so the raider has no idea where you are.
  • Only use single props for fading doors, for example, I use the smallest fence as that works fairly well as a fading door.
  • Or just read the rules.

yo cheers so much dude this is gonna help me loads with creating bases! you're awesome!

tbh just find a good clan with a great builder tennism8 is really good at building and get him to teach you XD
money

try to stay at your base alot dont go afk or anything and have good spots to kill people raiding you
[Image: 5150883.gif]

not worth it, have fun, not boredom