Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Prevent fences from being materialized

None-ways / doom hallways / opaque fences are the most recent basing meta, and they're supposedly fair because "the baser can't see them either".

That's... not how it works, because usually the person raiding is in a very tiny enclosed space and you know where that space is and all you need to do to kill the raider is spray into that tiny space. Doom hallways are even worse, where the raider is in one of three spaces that the baser can just calmly spray down (to hit all three spaces).

Meanwhile, the raider has absolutely no idea where the baser is at, no clue when the baser even moves away from cover, not even knowing where that cover is. It's not fair, it's the same principle as one-ways and you can't fight against it unless you're wallhacking.

But people will be pieces of shit about it and make them only slightly transparent if we were to make a rule against opaque fences, so i feel that instead we should just prevent them from being materialized entirely.

Would make raiding a lot more fun, and being raided would actually be a challenge too - and a lot less headaches for staff, who is less active because they're being forced to do chores and argue with players that could easily be prevented by mechanical restrictions.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

+rep
will prevent the sudden firing squad from heaven when raiding someone with fences for walls.

-rep

raiders already have emp grenades and if theyre in a group they could easily rush those "doomhallways", they could even do it solo.

in my opinion its not supposed to be fair 1v1 or whatever, since i usually have all 9-4 printers and sometimes 2 printer racks full servers and upgrades. and if im basing with heittomerkki, he'll probably have the same.

i can agree that you could have only 3 fading doors and such. but removing every way to kill the raider without breaking building rules is just stupid. what next? remove the fading door button again, make it so you cant shoot trough fences?

you cant even shoot from above since its probably counter as unfair angle.

could just invite the raiders to have a cup of tea....
[Image: 76561198036235656.png]

(07-25-2018, 10:46 AM)Diabeetus Wrote: -rep

raiders already have emp grenades and if theyre in a group they could easily rush those "doomhallways", they could even do it solo.

in my opinion its not supposed to be fair 1v1 or whatever, since i usually have all 9-4 printers and sometimes 2 printer racks full servers and upgrades. and if im basing with heittomerkki, he'll probably have the same.

i can agree that you could have only 3 fading doors and such. but removing every way to kill the raider without breaking building rules is just stupid. what next? remove the fading door button again, make it so you cant shoot trough fences?

you cant even shoot from above since its probably counter as unfair angle.

could just invite the raiders to have a cup of tea....

So then nerf EMP grenades. 
Anyone who doesn't have three of those EMPs on hand will die in your base. Heck, even anyone who does have three EMP's on hand will die in your base, 15 seconds is still plenty of time for you to shoot them. And EMP's don't go through normal doors.  A group of basers will not be able to move in at the same time, and spraying through the opaque fences will only make it easier to kill them if they're in a group.

None-way abuse is unfair for the same reason one-way abuse is; the player has no clue what's going on but the baser does.

It's really easy for cops to raid bases now, if we're not allowed to shoot them from a tiny enclosed space there's no way we can beat them
[Image: 76561198093911338.png]

(07-25-2018, 01:57 PM)Heittomerkki Wrote: It's really easy for cops to raid bases now, if we're not allowed to shoot them from a tiny enclosed space there's no way we can beat them

You're not supposed to be able to win from them easily. The Scanner will hopefully be changed (and the none-ways don't do much against police over normal players, since they rely on people being stuck in the tiny rooms for a while - police blasts through immediately).

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018, 03:41 PM by Heittomerkki.)

There's always a million of them coming in at once, we have to keep them in a tiny space we can shoot into, if we can't do that we might be able to kill like 4 of them but they'd get us 100%, I know for a solo raider it's impossible to raid a base like that but if we can't do that it would be really easy for multiple raiders to raid us.
[Image: 76561198093911338.png]

-rep
Its op as it is to raid with the introduction of the grenade launcher and sticky grenades. So removing all ways to really make your base a bit harder to raid would make building in of itself hard.

I feel like if you want to do that then do something to compromise the usage of the GL.

(07-25-2018, 04:05 PM)cadeN (Dave) Wrote: -rep
Its op as it is to raid with the introduction of the grenade launcher and sticky grenades. So removing all ways to really make your base a bit harder to raid would make building in of itself hard.

I feel like if you want to do that then do something to compromise the usage of the GL.

The grenade launcher was already nerfed. It is now only allowed to be used on props outside of buildings, which seemingly has done a great job at getting people to move back into buildings because i've seen very little roof bases recently. Less eyesores, less KOS zone killfarming, and a happier Remora.

The EMP grenade is still a bit powerful - i'll make a suggestion to nerf that now.

That being said, this doesn't make your base "a bit harder to raid". They literally need to use wallhacks to kill you, or get extremely lucky, or you need to be AFK.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 03:31 PM by VRN|Laserman.)

The only downside I see to this is some people use some materials to make them even more transparent, for example in one of the bases I built there were 4 layers of fences from some of the angles at different distances, so it became pretty annoying to see through them. I guess the same could be accomplished by using semi transparent color tool though

(07-25-2018, 10:46 AM)Diabeetus Wrote: i can agree that you could have only 3 fading doors and such. but removing every way to kill the raider without breaking building rules is just stupid. what next? remove the fading door button again, make it so you cant shoot trough fences?

You can't shoot someone without making them have 0 idea where you are while you know where they are?
I mean maybe you should let someone else build your bases or look up some videos then. As for the EMP, I agree they're OP. There's better options to not have to be a sitting duck like the deployable crackers.

(07-25-2018, 03:28 PM)Heittomerkki Wrote: There's always a million of them coming in at once, we have to keep them in a tiny space we can shoot into, if we can't do that we might be able to kill like 4 of them but they'd get us 100%, I know for a solo raider it's impossible to raid a base like that but if we can't do that it would be really easy for multiple raiders to raid us.
Police raids are supposed to have a large advantage over normal raiders. You still hold all the aces with your base, they won't know where you are or how your base is built and thus won't know where to look. They'll most likely have weaponry that's not quite as good as your arsenal, hell some will probably even only have pistols. The only advantage they have is numbers (sometimes), and when you reveal your cover spots, you should be able to even those numbers, or at least get them closer. It might just be because I'm used to the old days where people didn't even have keypad bases, they relied on numbers and skill to defend bases. But it seems like now everyone tries to find loopholes to make a base that's as unfair as possible without getting banned.

If there's a rule against make your fences opaque, I have to wonder what you're doing with your fences that makes you upset about making it so you can't use any materials on fences. Could it be you're using some loophole to still make them very hard or impossible to see through, which (I assume) was the entire reason opaque materials were forbidden?