Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Punishment for false RDA reports

People seem to call RDA every single time they were arrested, even when blatantly breaking laws. It's no loss for them, since they need to wait out the jailtime either way, but it wastes both staff's time and the time of the cop involved.

I think we should add an "official" three minute jail punishment for calling false RDA, discouraging people from trying their luck in sits when they haven't been RDAed.

I'm aware this one is a bit controversial, but RDA sits are among the worst of "boring repetitive sits" that make staff stay away and be inactive, and putting a thing like this in the handbook will let us take care of it, somewhat.
If there was a genuine misunderstanding, fine, let them go, but most of the RDA-callers are just trying to waste others' time.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

+rep I believe swat should have to advert why they arrested as well, to stop all the alleged RDA cases even more

This isn't already a rule? I assumed blatant false reports were already punishable.
In addition to this, if the sit is ruled in favor of the defendant and the sit happened even partially during the arrest, the reporter should be arrested again, even if they weren't blatantly lying and actually assumed the cop was at fault. I've had like 2-3 sits during someone's arrest all ruled in my favor but they still barely spent any time in prison. Really feels demotivating to have to waste as much time as someone you arrested when you weren't at fault.

(07-26-2018, 03:16 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: This isn't already a rule? I assumed blatant false reports were already punishable.
In addition to this, if the sit is ruled in favor of the defendant and the sit happened even partially during the arrest, the reporter should be arrested again, even if they weren't blatantly lying and actually assumed the cop was at fault. I've had like 2-3 sits during someone's arrest all ruled in my favor but they still barely spent any time in prison. Really feels demotivating to have to waste as much time as someone you arrested when you weren't at fault.
Wasting time isn't really that much of a problem unless there is a lot of sits to do. I wouldn't say that the punishment has to be servre just something like possibly
Verbal > Verbal > Jail (120s) > Warn.

(07-26-2018, 03:53 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 03:16 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: -snip-
Wasting time isn't really that much of a problem unless there is a lot of sits to do. I wouldn't say that the punishment has to be servre just something like possibly

The cops' time (which is what he was talking about) is what matters most. Time and time again, the people that arrested this person have to be brought into the sit, often when they want to be running around and enforcing the laws instead. It's not fun for them, and half of the time this knowledge (them making things unfun for the guy that arrested them) is what makes them call for RDA when they can
That being said, staff's time also matters, because sits are boring and annoying, especially RDM and RDA, and the recent staff inactivity-related issues just go to show how much we need to discourage people from wasting our time.

I think the punishment should be an instant jail for two minutes, since that's what a regular arrest would be like.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

+rep
i never even report RDA, mostly because i think the cop saw me murder three people

(07-26-2018, 03:53 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote: Wasting time isn't really that much of a problem unless there is a lot of sits to do. I wouldn't say that the punishment has to be servre just something like possibly
Not only is it wasting your own time, it's wasting the admin's time when he could be doing other sits (as you mentioned) OR could be playing the game. Remora keeps talking about staff becoming inactive, and false sits are most likely a big part of it. But it is also falsely trying to get someone else punished when you know they didn't break any rule. I like watching plexiate's videos and you can see often in his video, he calls false RDA/RDM reports and gets the other person punished when those players did nothing wrong. Then he brags about getting them punished when Plexiate himself being the RDMer/prop blocker/whatever rule he's currently breaking. So the person is wasting the time of a staff member, the person who managed to arrest them and trying to get that innocent person punished. Go falsely accuse someone of rape/murder and see how that works out when it turns out you knew they were innocent all along.

(07-26-2018, 05:49 PM)Remora Wrote: The cops' time (which is what he was talking about) is what matters most. Time and time again, the people that arrested this person have to be brought into the sit, often when they want to be running around and enforcing the laws instead. It's not fun for them, and half of the time this knowledge (them making things unfun for the guy that arrested them) is what makes them call for RDA when they can
That being said, staff's time also matters, because sits are boring and annoying, especially RDM and RDA, and the recent staff inactivity-related issues just go to show how much we need to discourage people from wasting our time.

I think the punishment should be an instant jail for two minutes, since that's what a regular arrest would be like.
Yeah, if you arrest someone, you shouldn't basically have to serve the same "punishment" as him (the sit).
I think the rejail is good, but there should also be a punishment like a warn or even ban if they clearly did it knowing the other person did nothing wrong. Because if it's just a jailtime, they don't even really lose anything. They go back to the situation they were in before the sit and they wasted the time of two other players (including someone you have a personal vendetta against) and had the chance to get that other person punished.