Arrest reasons

(This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 06:09 PM by Remora.)

Reposting this closed suggestion. It was closed without explanation, the only comment was a positive one, and with staff inactivity through the roof it's time to take care of boring, repetetive sits that scare staff away. Like RDA. Here goes:

After arresting someone, a prompt comes up on the arresting officers' screen, somewhere to the left asking them to put in the law broken that warrants the arrest. They can't close this menu without choosing and submitting the reason from, say, a drop-down box, but will still be able to look around and shoot/play normally.  If a reason isn't supplied within 30-ish seconds, the victim is unjailed and the officer is given some kind of penalty (eg. losing 5k, or getting a "false arrest" strike with a demote at 3). The officer can still choose or submit a reason while dead.

Problem: Players that are arrested are often confused and call sits for RDA. These hardly ever turn out to be RDA, but take a good two minutes each with no penalty for the sit-caller (they were in jail anyways)
Solution: Players are presented with the reason/law broken on their screen during their arrest. Players can be punished for calling false sits just to waste the time of the person that arrested them, because they already knew the reason.

Not much else to say. Tell me your thoughts on this, i'd love to hear em.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

(This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 03:10 PM by VRN|Laserman.)

You find two people committing a crime, if you were to arrest one of them you would have to put in a reason while the other person most likely is going to run or shoot you.
Good in theory, I doubt it will work in practice. You could give them a separate menu government & staff can access at any time (or even everyone) & it shows you the people arrested and a possible reason for arrest. If you're the person who arrested someone, you can set a reason. That way you can handle the situation and do the reasons after, it also fits the RP better, you don't start writing up your reason for an arrest until the situation is handled. If they didn't enter a reason within X seconds (say for example the ), just end the sit with either a verbal or actual warning based on whether or not they seem genuine.

Forcing a popup that they can't get rid off just seems like a terrible idea & is going to make cops even worse when they're already pretty terrible as it is. This will most likely just lead to more people shooting others instead of arresting even when there's the opportunity to arrest at least one of them. And everyone knows if you shoot anyone for any reason at all as a cop you're getting into an RDM sit

I doubt this will solve RDA at all anyway, there'll still be people who RDA and even if they're afraid of punishment for not entering a reason, they could just bullshit a reason like "he was shooting AT someone".

(26-07-2018, 03:09 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: You find two people committing a crime, if you were to arrest one of them you would have to put in a reason while the other person most likely is going to run or shoot you.
Good in theory, I doubt it will work in practice. You could give them a separate menu government & staff can access at any time (or even everyone) & it shows you the people arrested and a possible reason for arrest. If you're the person who arrested someone, you can set a reason. That way you can handle the situation and do the reasons after, it also fits the RP better, you don't start writing up your reason for an arrest until the situation is handled. If they didn't enter a reason within X seconds (say for example the ), just end the sit with either a verbal or actual warning based on whether or not they seem genuine.

Forcing a popup that they can't get rid off just seems like a terrible idea & is going to make cops even worse when they're already pretty terrible as it is. This will most likely just lead to more people shooting others instead of arresting even when there's the opportunity to arrest at least one of them. And everyone knows if you shoot anyone for any reason at all as a cop you're getting into an RDM sit

I doubt this will solve RDA at all anyway, there'll still be people who RDA and even if they're afraid of punishment for not entering a reason, they could just bullshit a reason like "he was shooting AT someone".

The problem is then people are then able to Mass RDA and then get banned for it. With Remoras suggestion it allows a slower way to arrest people which may be a problem in some cases but eliminate the ability for people to just run around and arrest as many people as possible in a short amount of time.

Regarding the multiple people breaking laws case, the system wouldn't have to be time consuming to give an arrest reason it could be as simple as remora says with a quick drop-down system. Besides, if you arrest someone's friends they will more than likely take out a gun anyway so doing a taser rush would be fail rp anyway.

(26-07-2018, 03:09 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: You find two people committing a crime, if you were to arrest one of them you would have to put in a reason while the other person most likely is going to run or shoot you.

No, this suggestion won't stop RDA at all- but it's not made for that reason. This suggestion is to stop people from calling RDA falsely and wasting staff's time, since half of the time they just don't know why they were arrested (or claim they don't).

I agree that it nerfs cops a little too much, so i'll be editing the main thread.

(26-07-2018, 03:42 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote: The problem is then people are then able to Mass RDA and then get banned for it. With Remoras suggestion it allows a slower way to arrest people which may be a problem in some cases but eliminate the ability for people to just run around and arrest as many people as possible in a short amount of time.

Regarding the multiple people breaking laws case, the system wouldn't have to be time consuming to give an arrest reason it could be as simple as remora says with a quick drop-down system. Besides, if you arrest someone's friends they will more than likely take out a gun anyway so doing a taser rush would be fail rp anyway.

The mass RDA thing is neat.
Taser rushing is not FailRP - cops only use tazers on people that are resisting in real life, why shouldn't they be allowed in-game?
it's not FearRP either as FearRP is when you fear someone is going to shoot at you; but if someone's already shooting at you, you either have the choice of getting shot and being guaranteed to die or fighting back with a chance to keep your life.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

Yeah, but what if there's a group of people and this just slows you down?

(26-07-2018, 06:06 PM)Remora Wrote:

No, this suggestion won't stop RDA at all- but it's not made for that reason. This suggestion is to stop people from calling RDA falsely and wasting staff's time, since half of the time they just don't know why they were arrested (or claim they don't).

I agree that it nerfs cops a little too much, so i'll be editing the main thread.

(26-07-2018, 03:42 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote: The problem is then people are then able to Mass RDA and then get banned for it. With Remoras suggestion it allows a slower way to arrest people which may be a problem in some cases but eliminate the ability for people to just run around and arrest as many people as possible in a short amount of time.

The mass RDA thing is neat.
Taser rushing is not FailRP - cops only use tazers on people that are resisting in real life, why shouldn't they be allowed in-game?
it's not FearRP either as FearRP is when you fear someone is going to shoot at you; but if someone's already shooting at you, you either have the choice of getting shot and being guaranteed to die or fighting back with a chance to keep your life.

Oh shit, I don't realise this, I have never had to deal with a case before about this and have seen other people take sits about it. Thanks for clearing it up

+rep on the idea that once the police officer arrests someone, they have to state why with maybe a dropdown bar as this could help as evidence in a sit of rda
[url=[Image: 1792395.gif]

+Rep from me.

When you're arrested you and the cop teleport to court > Mayor (or a newly made Lawyer job) are going to be there too. The mayor gets a notification about the court case, if he cba to do it then he just clicks no, and if he does he clicks yes and gets tp'd to court. > Cop says what the guy did wrong > Guy says he's innocent > Mayor decides if the guy will go to jail (and how long long (from 60-300 sec)) > Gr8 Idea M9