KOS sign rules.

(This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 10:38 PM by Joelt.)

I have noticed a lot of bases recently who are trying to get people in so they can shoot them. I know these bases are not allowed but they try to justify themselves with a tiny KOS sign.

My idea is for players

Have a rule where there is a minimum font size for a KOS sign. Something like size 30 that is clearly visible.

I understand there is already a rule about having a clearly visible KOS sign but having a minimum size required to be used may stop the killbaiting as people have different perceptions of what is clearly visible.

As suggested by me a while ago, Just do away with KOS signs in their entirety.
Enforce a new set of rules that forces people that tresspass to be advertised warned 3 times to leave the premises or be shot.
If someone tries to forcefully enter or otherwise endangers the people inside, lethal force should be allowed after 2 advertised warnings.

This will eliminate KOS signs entirely because being shot to death for standing on a ramp, hanging around someone's base or generally breathing in their direction should be done and dusted with.

(26-07-2018, 11:37 PM)StompyChar Wrote: As suggested by me a while ago, Just do away with KOS signs in their entirety.
Enforce a new set of rules that forces people that tresspass to be advertised warned 3 times to leave the premises or be shot.
If someone tries to forcefully enter or otherwise endangers the people inside, lethal force should be allowed after 2 advertised warnings.

This will eliminate KOS signs entirely because being shot to death for standing on a ramp, hanging around someone's base or generally breathing in their direction should be done and dusted with.

Kos is now only really accepted for being in a certain space such as KOS beyond line or standing on ramp, so if anyone kills for loitering anyway it's RDM. I believe we did used to have a rule on the server that if you were in someone base you could be killed by them without a KOS sign but I may be thinking of another server.

(26-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(26-07-2018, 11:37 PM)StompyChar Wrote: As suggested by me a while ago, Just do away with KOS signs in their entirety.

Kos is now only really accepted for being in a certain space such as KOS beyond line or standing on ramp, so if anyone kills for loitering anyway it's RDM. I believe we did used to have a rule on the server that if you were in someone base you could be killed by them without a KOS sign but I may be thinking of another server.

We've had that very briefly. and it was absolutely horrible. Gundealers would shoot customers randomly if they didn't like them. People would take the place in front of spawn and shoot anyone that passed the fences. I still ended up warning those people for RDM.

Currently, the only "permitted" KOS sign is KOS past a certain area (not extended any further than three players from the entrance). Everything else is either RDM or KOS by default (scanning a base, raiding, shooting at the base). Criteria are allowed for the KOS pat a certain area, eg "KOS in shop with guns out".

As for people who abuse the tiny KOS signs, i just pretend i can't see the KOS sign either and then warn them if they don't change it afterward.

(26-07-2018, 10:38 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote: I have noticed a lot of bases recently who are trying to get people in so they can shoot them. I know these bases are not allowed but they try to justify themselves with a tiny KOS sign.

My idea is for players

Have a rule where there is a minimum font size for a KOS sign. Something like size 30 that is clearly visible.

I understand there is already a rule about having a clearly visible KOS sign but having a minimum size required to be used may stop the killbaiting as people have different perceptions of what is clearly visible.

+rep on the idea of making sure there is a rule that gives a minimum size as its starting to get really thrustrating wktb the sits that are appearing because of this, maybe we could also add a line for the kos that players can place down with a tool gun
[url=[Image: 1792395.gif]

(27-07-2018, 06:58 AM)Remora Wrote:
(26-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:

We've had that very briefly. and it was absolutely horrible. Gundealers would shoot customers randomly if they didn't like them. People would take the place in front of spawn and shoot anyone that passed the fences. I still ended up warning those people for RDM.

Currently, the only "permitted" KOS sign is KOS past a certain area (not extended any further than three players from the entrance). Everything else is either RDM or KOS by default (scanning a base, raiding, shooting at the base). Criteria are allowed for the KOS pat a certain area, eg "KOS in shop with guns out".

As for people who abuse the tiny KOS signs, i just pretend i can't see the KOS sign either and then warn them if they don't change it afterward.

Yea I though it was hawk that this was on.

When I see a small KOS sign I haven't actually tried that method of getting them to change it but I feel like the playing would probably just shout saying something like "Are you blind it's right there". It works to do that method but it would just be easier if staff didn't have to take care of small KOS signs.

If you attempt to hide a KOS sign in any way, it shouldn't be allowed. This is pretty common knowledge because you just look at what people do who try to RDM using KOS signs. These are things like small font size or coloring it to be similar to background. A KOS sign is meant to be warn people and be obvious, if the sign isn't obvious the fault lies with the builder, not the person who didn't see it.

(27-07-2018, 11:06 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: If you attempt to hide a KOS sign in any way, it shouldn't be allowed. This is pretty common knowledge because you just look at what people do who try to RDM using KOS signs. These are things like small font size or coloring it to be similar to background. A KOS sign is meant to be warn people and be obvious, if the sign isn't obvious the fault lies with the builder, not the person who didn't see it.

Hiding a KOS sign isn't allowed. What I'm proposing is that we have a rule out in place of a minimum font size to stop as much people trying to hide it and then saying that it is visible. Cause there is a lot of that.

(27-07-2018, 11:12 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 11:06 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: If you attempt to hide a KOS sign in any way, it shouldn't be allowed. This is pretty common knowledge because you just look at what people do who try to RDM using KOS signs. These are things like small font size or coloring it to be similar to background. A KOS sign is meant to be warn people and be obvious, if the sign isn't obvious the fault lies with the builder, not the person who didn't see it.

Hiding a KOS sign isn't allowed. What I'm proposing is that we have a rule out in place of a minimum font size to stop as much people trying to hide it and then saying that it is visible. Cause there is a lot of that.
So they're hiding it and there's a rule against hiding KOS signs. Seems like an open & shut case for a warn and if they don't change it after that, give them the nice old boot. If you try to specify what counts as hiding in too much detail, people will just find other ways to hide it. Place it behind props, place it in small corners, color it to the background, shove it partially in a wall/floor, hiding the KOS sign in other text (simple example: "KOS IF INSIDE signs are for losers").
If you simply say "no attempting to hide KOS signs" it's up to the staff member's discretion to think about whether or not the person attempted to hide the KOS sign. If you do warn them for it & they think it's unfair, they can screenshot it & make a Warn appeal or something and see what other staff thinks about it.

(27-07-2018, 11:20 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 11:12 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:

So they're hiding it and there's a rule against hiding KOS signs. Seems like an open & shut case for a warn and if they don't change it after that, give them the nice old boot. If you try to specify what counts as hiding in too much detail, people will just find other ways to hide it. Place it behind props, place it in small corners, color it to the background, shove it partially in a wall/floor, hiding the KOS sign in other text (simple example: "KOS IF INSIDE signs are for losers").
If you simply say "no attempting to hide KOS signs" it's up to the staff member's discretion to think about whether or not the person attempted to hide the KOS sign. If you do warn them for it & they think it's unfair, they can screenshot it & make a Warn appeal or something and see what other staff thinks about it.

This isn't for them trying to hide the Kos behind a prop, it's for when they make a Kos sign too small to be read easily before entering a base. Hiding a Kos sign is also not allowed but changing the font size wouldn't affect that too much if they are hiding it behind a prop.