Suicide to avoid sit

(This post was last modified: 27-07-2018, 12:35 AM by Joelt.)

If the rules was specified in that staff handbook and in the rules about not being able to suicide during a sit we may get less of it. I know it's a well known thing already but if the punishment is clear in the staff handbook it may be easier for newer staff to understand it.

I know I was unsure about it until the other day.

I generally just bring them back and give them a stern talking to, if they continue I treat it as a form of LTAP.

(26-07-2018, 11:33 PM)StompyChar Wrote: I generally just bring them back and give them a stern talking to, if they continue I treat it as a form of LTAP.

I haven't had to deal with too many cases where this happens but I feel like there is a difference between leaving the server to avoid punishment and killing yourself to leave a sit.

However, if it is the same punishment it would be nice if it just had in brackets on the ltap area on staff handbook something like (this include suicide to avoid sit)

It should not be treated exactly as leaving the server, but killing yourself and leaving the sit is a form of trying to weasel your way out of punishment.
Like hoping the admin forgets or something.
It should become a warnable offence because its a clear intent of not wanting to be punished/not wanting to listen or be in the sit.

(26-07-2018, 11:39 PM)StompyChar Wrote: It should not be treated exactly as leaving the server, but killing yourself and leaving the sit is a form of trying to weasel your way out of punishment.
Like hoping the admin forgets or something.
It should become a warnable offence because its a clear intent of not wanting to be punished/not wanting to listen or be in the sit.

I would be happy for it to be a bannable offence. Something such as Verbal > Warn > 3 day ban for doing it I think would be a fair punishment

lol?
isn't that common sense

(27-07-2018, 12:23 AM)Legend Wrote: lol?
isn't that common sense

It's clearly wrong for people to do but without any distinct punishments staff may have a problem deciding what to do with it.

(This post was last modified: 27-07-2018, 02:46 AM by Legend. Edit Reason: e h forgot stuff )

(27-07-2018, 12:36 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
isn't that common sense

It's clearly wrong for people to do but without any distinct punishments staff may have a problem deciding what to do with it.

If what you said was true/happened then, the staff member who was in that situation isn't suitable enough for the staff rank
killing yourself to avoid punishment is an obvious reason to be punished for, it's a reference to "Running from a sit"
I would consider it as common sense and just hand out a warning for it.

(27-07-2018, 02:44 AM)Legend Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 12:36 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
isn't that common sense

If what you said was true/happened then, the staff member who was in that situation isn't suitable enough for the staff rank
killing yourself to avoid punishment is an obvious reason to be punished for, it's a reference to "Running from a sit"
I would consider it as common sense and just hand out a warning for it.

No the point I am trying to make is that the staff member can hand out a warm for it but have a specific set of states on what you are meant to do that is for the rest of the punishments as shown in the staff handbook would make it easier for new staff to know what to do. The staff have to follow a guide on what to do with punishments and suicide to avoid sit isn't in that guide.

Closed. If someone keeps using suicide to avoid sits, then take it as NITRP and ban him for 5 days.
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]