Clear up counter rules

There's two main interpretations of counter going on right now;

1. You can kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding another person who you either share doors with or who is part of the same clan (which is visible in your name) at any time.
You can use counter to do this for people that are unrelated to you, too.

2. You can kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding another person who you either share doors with or who is part of the same clan (which is visible in your name) when you advert counter.
You don't need to advert counter when you're already inside the base of that person, but you do if you come from outside.

Which is the correct one?

I've been enforcing the second one, since it makes a lot more sense - it's fairer for players because they know they haven't been RDMed if it was done by a basemate, and it stops everything from being a stack-on-counter-fuckfest.

I'm fairly sure it's number 2. I also ask if they know the codes to the base that they countered for if the base doesn't have doors.

I prefer 3 - You can kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding anyone when you advert counter. It just allows for more interaction between things, if you see someone getting raided you can either help the base, help the raider or ignore the situation. I got banned on a different server after they switched from 3 to 2 that same day because I stopped people from kidnapping the mayor because I liked how he was handling the laws in town.

(27-07-2018, 10:59 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: I prefer 3 - You can kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding anyone when you advert counter. It just allows for more interaction between things, if you see someone getting raided you can either help the base, help the raider or ignore the situation. I got banned on a different server after they switched from 3 to 2 that same day because I stopped people from kidnapping the mayor because I liked how he was handling the laws in town.

No never, keeping the rules the way they are now makes mor sense than allowing anyone to counter

(27-07-2018, 11:05 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 10:59 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: I prefer 3 - You can kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding anyone when you advert counter. It just allows for more interaction between things, if you see someone getting raided you can either help the base, help the raider or ignore the situation. I got banned on a different server after they switched from 3 to 2 that same day because I stopped people from kidnapping the mayor because I liked how he was handling the laws in town.

No never, keeping the rules the way they are now makes mor sense than allowing anyone to counter

Except the rules aren't a certain way right now, because they're vague and leave room for interpretation.

(27-07-2018, 11:06 AM)Remora Wrote:
(27-07-2018, 11:05 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:

Except the rules aren't a certain way right now, because they're vague and leave room for interpretation.

Yea but they are clear on the who people basing with you or people in you clan side of things. He is saying that you should be able to counter for anyone which is just not a good thing to have.

(This post was last modified: 27-07-2018, 12:50 PM by tyler (2).)

Number 2.
You may only counter someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding if the target is the person in your clan, however YOU DO still need to advert counter.
If you kill someone mugging/kidnapping/raiding someone in your clan and you do not advert counter, you can be warned for "Failing to advert counter"

Closed.
Yours faithfully,
Tyler