Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

guess i'm making a thread asking for feedback

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 09:11 AM by Remora.)

I need to like, improve to deserve rankups or something, and i've got no clue how. I''m going to ask for feedback, and i'm going to put down the things that i think are already going right. This is going to come across as bragging, which really isn't my intent- this is just everything i know i'm doing right, and i'm looking for things i'm doing wrong, so i can, well, deserve my promotion???

things going right!!!:

In-game;
- I've been Senior Admin before, and i did great- i'd proven i was very much able to handle the rank.
- I'm extremely trusted; i've never abused my powers or authority; i've made the wrong call on bans, rarely, but so many more times i made the right call and kept a lot of people from getting hurt.
- I'm open to feedback, and i'm still looking to improve every day, just like i encourage growth in everyone else.
- I'm respected within the community and set an example for others to follow.
- My activity isn't incredible, but it's still very much above average. The time i spend in-game is 90% on duty and 10% playing police or tramp, leaving me at maybe the 3th, 4th or 5th most active staff-wise.
- I don't care about personal achievements, loads of money, authority or people looking up to me - i care about the players having a good time.
- I know i tend to "bend the rules in my favor", but that really shouldn't be an issue if my goal - my favor - is a server that's fun and fair for everyone, with absolutely no personal gain for me aside from seeing players enjoy themselves, which should be the end goal for every staff member.
- I often intervene before sits have to be called, or help people by explaining mechanics or helping them build certain things;
- I often do things that senior+ should be doing, solving conflicts between staff and users (or staff and staff) and jumping in to help in sits when rules are unclear, aswell as doing things like hosting textscreen hunt events together with Joelt;
- I have 2325 sits claimed total, leaving me about the 4th most active person sit-wise (can't see others' sit count anymore, this is a guess - but it's still a lot of sits), excluding times i'd intervened without a sit;
- I have been here since the start of September, 2017, meaning I've spent a little over ten months as part of the community. If you want to include the Raven hiatus, that's 9 months, every one of these had me actively engaged in the community and improving the server; even during the Raven hiatus i was still DMT on Hawk.

On Discord;
- I've been DMT since the tenth from February if the discord logs are right, and this has been mostly persistent up until a point where i quit because i didn't get along with Deadmonstor and i thought me trying to convince him his reasoning was a bit iffy (the Ebbzor case) instead of preparing for my test in college had made me make the test badly; i rejoined about one week afterwards, and was active DMT again shortly after.
- I've got the most warns/bans logged in the channel where we, well, log warns or bans, leading me to believe I've been the most consistent in enforcing Discord rules and keeping that place fun and fair;

On the forums;
- Back when i was still admin+, i've been the most active in taking care of reports and appeals;
- Basically from like a month after i first came i've been the most active in posting and commenting on others' suggestions, excluding the many suggestions i had made that got removed in The Great Suggestions Subforum Deletion of 2018 (when noone reviewed suggestions and they piled up and they didn't want to review them so they just deleted like fucking 500 of them lol)
- I'm pretty sure i'm just the single most active person in general, probably tied with Joelt with how active he's been recently.
- My posts are functional and serve a purpose with only few exceptions, and lots of efforts are put into them; they're well-thought-out and contribute to the server.

TL : DR
i'd like some feedback from players and other staff alike to know how i can improve, considering i get the impression i'm doing pretty well when i look at what i've done and am still doing so far; please tell me where you think i should improve, or if there's a point from this list that isn't really true. I want to be the best i can and help Hawk out, but i just don't see what i'm still doing wrong.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

stop being boekestisjsnjinsn cause that’s strange

Ex-Discord manager for hawk ;-;
been moderating on taseedz servers for like 3-4 years
If you wanna talk: Discord tag Bahpu#1995

(07-27-2018, 11:10 PM)^2Bahpu67# RavenServers.co.uk Wrote: stop being boekestisjsnjinsn cause that’s strange

ok last name changed to Gallagher, thanks for the useful feedback

I genuinely don't see anyway that you can improve. You are easily one of the best staff on not only the server but also the forums and the discord. You have a scary amount of sits. As well as all of your forum posts are so good that it baffels me.

Nothing to improve bro, when I first played on this server in early October 2017 (guessing it's when u just got staff) You were the guy who was always online and you were one of the first people i met on this server.

In my opinion im shocked you're this low of a rank. Of course everyone makes mistakes, we are human so it is natural. You also handle sits in a very organised matter being unbiased no matter if it is your friend being in trouble etc..

I'm sure with time you will reach up to high ranks. Just give it some time Smile

(07-28-2018, 01:37 PM)cadeN (Dave) Wrote: Nothing to improve bro, when I first played on this server in early October 2017 (guessing it's when u just got staff) You were the guy who was always online and you were one of the first people i met on this server.

In my opinion im shocked you're this low of a rank. Of course everyone makes mistakes, we are human so it is natural. You also handle sits in a very organised matter being unbiased no matter if it is your friend being in trouble etc..

I'm sure with time you will reach up to high ranks. Just give it some time Smile

I think the point is that Remora has given it plenty of time and his hardworking and dedication shows. I think it now just questioning the reasons he wouldn't be accepted because plenty of time has already passed.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 04:20 PM by Remora.)

(07-28-2018, 01:52 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 01:37 PM)cadeN (Dave) Wrote: Nothing to improve bro, when I first played on this server in early October 2017 (guessing it's when u just got staff) You were the guy who was always online and you were one of the first people i met on this server.

I think the point is that Remora has given it plenty of time and his hardworking and dedication shows. I think it now just questioning the reasons he wouldn't be accepted because plenty of time has already passed.

That's kind of it. I really don't care about being ranked up, i care about helping the server improve to become a lot more fun to everyone, which i need certain permissions for- i get those at admin, senior and hopefully some day manager, and if i'm going to be forced to walk the mod - admin - senior path again to make a real difference i want it to be quicker.
I'm getting burnt out knowing that there's so many problems with incredibly simple solutions that just... aren't being taken care of- i'm super glad some changes are finally being made, like rocks having a respawn time, but they could've been made so incredibly long ago!

Then there's the case of Tyler appearing out of nowhere and getting community manager instantly - i understand tasid knows him and trusts him, but why not me?
A bit more relevant, Synz reappearing after resigning on good terms and getting Admin back, then Senior a week later (his rank when he resigned) and even ended up becoming manager, whereas I've had to start back at recruit- and both of these things come across to me as a bit unfair, considering i hardly see Tyler in-game (a lot more recently) and Synz is, only second to Blast, one of the most active higherups, but he spends his time online doing clan-exclusive events mostly.

I see your problem, and with a resume like that, your concern is understandable. I've seen you active on the server many times and from what I've heard you do a great job. This doesn't seem to be a case of improving, but more like unfair circumstances IMHO.

Eh, maybe shouldn't make a post and then wait until a manager says something for you to improve
otherwise, you will have to be patient for your promotion.
[Image: 130207.gif]

(07-28-2018, 05:38 PM)Legend Wrote: Eh, maybe shouldn't make a post and then wait until a manager says something for you to improve
otherwise, you will have to be patient for your promotion.

He has been paticient. Refer to my post earlier in the forum when I talked about this.