Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Poll: Would this be a good idea? (Probably gonna backfire)
This poll is closed.
Yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
No
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Staff Applications

Suggestion Template
Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> All

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> All staff Applications contain a poll on them to allow for easier realisation if other staff want them on the team or not. Possibly only allow staff to vote through the polls as it may be abused by non staff members. Also with this people will still be able to rep like usual but they are mainly to show reasons for other staff member whether to want to accept them in the poll or not. This would not be definitive in what was chosen for if the applicant was accepted or not but it would sway the decion if significant.

How could your suggestion improve the server?
>> Quicker staff apps going through which could be important with the loss of valued staff recently and the server also begging to peak at 80 players. May also allow staff to become at least a tiny bit more active on the forums

Eh the reps say quite a lot. If it's a poll for y/n then it defeats the purpose of reps.
I am not a registered sex offender

(07-28-2018, 10:48 PM)Blast^^ Wrote: Eh the reps say quite a lot. If it's a poll for y/n then it defeats the purpose of reps.

Yea I get that, I just feel not enough staff interact with new staff apps which is something that most of not all staff will do it. So if they have even a lazy way to do it it's still interaction of some kind.

(07-28-2018, 10:51 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 10:48 PM)Blast^^ Wrote: Eh the reps say quite a lot. If it's a poll for y/n then it defeats the purpose of reps.

Yea I get that, I just feel not enough staff interact with new staff apps which is something that most of not all staff will do it. So if they have even a lazy way to do it it's still interaction of some kind.

No point tbh, we want opinions and detail not a yes/no.

(07-28-2018, 11:36 PM)Kai Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 10:51 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:

No point tbh, we want opinions and detail not a yes/no.

Yea I suppose :/ just figured it would be nice to have a couple more staff in the forums. Seems like alot of staff just overlook it

The chance for non-staff members to vote is too big IMO. If there was some way to make it staff only, I could see it being nice for people who don't have much extra to add onto their opinion of the application.

(07-29-2018, 09:34 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: The chance for non-staff members to vote is too big IMO. If there was some way to make it staff only, I could see it being nice for people who don't have much extra to add onto their opinion of the application.

The problem is that non staff may spam it with multiple accounts. That's all I was thinking.

Perhaps the poll could include a text box next to each option where you can write your reasons, and make it necessary for something to be in the box.

(07-29-2018, 01:21 PM)Shrimpo Wrote: Perhaps the poll could include a text box next to each option where you can write your reasons, and make it necessary for something to be in the box.

If that's a possibility then that would be even better

(07-29-2018, 01:57 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 01:21 PM)Shrimpo Wrote: Perhaps the poll could include a text box next to each option where you can write your reasons, and make it necessary for something to be in the box.

If that's a possibility then that would be even better

Then you have the efficiency of your original idea but also the main problem with it over with. Big Grin