Sounds option

Suggestion Template
Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> Everyone

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> Add an option to disable mining sounds and fire sounds.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> So I know more options are planning to be put in place to make the game generally more enjoyableso I was thinking possibly have separate options to remove the mining and fire sounds. I know the fire sounds can be stopped using stopsound but it can sometimes start again after getting close to the area.

As for the mining soumds, I know some people hate having to listen to the mining sounds to assure that if a staff member talks to them they are able to hear it if they are not on the gmod window. Plus having multiple miners on can enfuriate some players as the sounds can be heard from industrial at times.

maybe just make mining more quiet or if possible make it clientside? I doubt anyone would find it worse if mining was just half the volume it currently is. Might not be a full solution, but I think it'd be easier than having a menu for it.

(29-07-2018, 09:36 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: maybe just make mining more quiet or if possible make it clientside? I doubt anyone would find it worse if mining was just half the volume it currently is. Might not be a full solution, but I think it'd be easier than having a menu for it.

We already have a menu that is planning to be implemented for sounds. The F1 menu. So this is just adding to that. Not creating a whole new menu.

Please add an option to disable ambient sounds as well...

I agree that the sounds should be lowered or have an option to be disabled because living in the mines area or slums causes for the constant annoying noise of mining. It disturbs players in that area and can discourage people from basing in those areas overall. Hopefully the option will be added to the F1 settings menu as the vape sounds option was added.

If it's possible, perhaps something can be added for toolgun noises. It seems like where ever you base, there's a frequent tool gun noise from outside. Or maybe it's your own toolgun that's making all the noise. This, in combination with the mining noise option, would be perfect.

(29-07-2018, 01:33 PM)Shrimpo Wrote: If it's possible, perhaps something can be added for toolgun noises. It seems like where ever you base, there's a frequent tool gun noise from outside. Or maybe it's your own toolgun that's making all the noise. This, in combination with the mining noise option, would be perfect.

+Rep. So annoying just hearing somebody try and precision something

It's even annoying when you yourself is doing it, but less so because it's your base.
(29-07-2018, 01:59 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(29-07-2018, 01:33 PM)Shrimpo Wrote: If it's possible, perhaps something can be added for toolgun noises. It seems like where ever you base, there's a frequent tool gun noise from outside. Or maybe it's your own toolgun that's making all the noise. This, in combination with the mining noise option, would be perfect.

+Rep. So annoying just hearing somebody try and precision something