Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Guide for new players

Last night I encountered a player asking me to help him out since it was his first time on the server and DarkRP in general. I took the time to teach him about fading doors and a few general rules. I feel like a new player should be able to read a guidebook and be able to play without problems.
Football without ultras is nothing.

(07-31-2018, 09:15 AM)flawless Wrote: Last night I encountered a player asking me to help him out since it was his first time on the server and DarkRP in general. I took the time to teach him about fading doors and a few general rules. I feel like a new player should be able to read a guidebook and be able to play without problems.

I would love to see something like this implemented, it would have to be updated as the server updated but it would be nice to see newer players finding it easier to play.

We have a FAQ in the rules, but that still needs fixing/need to get some questions, I will speak to the other admins and staff to see what should go in the FAQ

-rep gived bad image of the server, ignores m e t a

A guide like that would be just basic DarkRP knowledge and I can almost guarantee there's tutorials like that on the internet/steam guides. Having interaction with another player isn't exactly a bad thing either. He probably had more fun than if he had simply read a guide

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 01:40 PM by Joelt0105.)

(07-31-2018, 01:38 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: A guide like that would be just basic DarkRP knowledge and I can almost guarantee there's tutorials like that on the internet/steam guides. Having interaction with another player isn't exactly a bad thing either. He probably had more fun than if he had simply read a guide

https://www.hawkservers.co/showthread.php?tid=4620
I did the first draft of it and added more than just general knowledge of dark rp. I talked about the jobs we had available on the server as well as commands

(07-31-2018, 01:40 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 01:38 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: A guide like that would be just basic DarkRP knowledge and I can almost guarantee there's tutorials like that on the internet/steam guides. Having interaction with another player isn't exactly a bad thing either. He probably had more fun than if he had simply read a guide

https://www.hawkservers.co/showthread.php?tid=4620
I did the first draft of it and added more than just general knowledge of dark rp. I talked about the jobs we had available on the server as well as commands
Wow Joelt this is incredible of you!
Football without ultras is nothing.

+rep this would help staff as well as normal users as there are quite a few reports asking for help and stuff with basic dark rp information and some extra tips in the FAQ would be great to help the server along its way. It would also make the server a lot easier for new players to get comfortable

One has been drafted and hopefully will be made properly. On hold.
I am not a registered sex offender