Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Critical Changes Needed In The Rules

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 11:56 PM by Kai 🦊.)

Critical Changes Needed In The Rules
Even the smallest details can effect gameplay and sits right now, there are small/big changes we need to apply on the rules.
Suggest any changes in a comment and I'll add it to the list.

• Add a rule stating that only Tramps & DJs can build in the streets, it's not too clear at the moment.

• Add a rule stating that Non-Government cannot build inside the PD at all, recently I've seen DJ stands and more irrelevant stuff in there.

• Specify that adverting Counter is a must-to-do for everyone in the base - for some reason nowdays the main base owner doesn't have to??? That's nonsense and that's everyone's excuse lately.

[NOT A RULE BUT VERY RELEVANT] Add a default law stating that Government has to advert a warning before enforcing a law made by the Mayor, people forget to do so and just instantly arrest "because the law says only KOS and doesn't specify a warn is needed!!!".

• Change the "- You must warn someone before enforcing the laws, this does not mean you must advert but feel free to do so." to a simple "- You must warn someone before enforcing the laws." - makes it easier in sits and is more strict and simple.

• Specify that playing Ear-Rape as a DJ is an instant kick - most staff members straight up kick for that and then the person begins complaining they weren't told anything even though it's quite obvious most people don't like their eardrums getting fucked.

• Further specify how NLR breaking works - some people get heavily technical with how the rule is currently represented in the rules, and claim you can only break NLR if you return to the same location - I heard excuses like "I killed him as RRDM yes but I did not break NLR because I wasn't where he killed me!" - basically specify that dying and then instantly interacting with the killer for questioning and more is considered NLR breaking.

[SHALL BE CONSIDERED BY THE COMMUNITY] Add a rule that forbids people from baton rushing/tazer rushing. That means running towards someone who's firing their gun at you in-order to arrest them.

• Add a rule specifying that a wanted person must be arrested on sight - and may only be killed if resisting arrest / firing - shall take effect during Police raids as well!

[NOT A RULE BUT VERY RELEVANT] Make it so the default laws are not removed whenever someone becomes Mayor.

Add a rule that specifics if a person is allowed to kill someone who's using advert to warn them [threatening their lives if they don't go away] or not. Also some details regarding a person pulling out a gun when you're warning them to go away would be nice.

Add a rule that forbids people from having any sort of race in their names - people with names like "Smelly Jew", "Stinky Asian", and more are usually just minges.

Add a rule that forbids DJs from playing anything that is not actual music - whoever was on a few days ago knows there was some Garry infection with 3 DJs and it was a total mess.

Add a rule regarding basing on the island - can people claim the entire ocean or just the island? perhaps just the house? A rule to make it clear will do good.

Add a rule stating that a person has the ability to warn someone 3 times before killing. It's not anywhere in the rules.

Heavy +rep to all of these. I just don't see any reason why to not have any of these rules.

Pls make rule against taze rush ting v annoying.
I am not a registered sex offender

(07-31-2018, 07:47 PM)Blast^^ Wrote: Pls make rule against taze rush ting v annoying.

Oh god - rep- rep- rep- rep- rep
[Image: IS_THAT_SO.gif]

Tazer rushing is perfectly realistic, and as a raider you make the choice to stay in close quarters and leave yourself vulnerable to being tazed. Tazers are used to neutralize violent persons and take them into prison.

Think of the tazer like a very powerful shotgun that only works at extremely close range, and has like, Fortnite downing mechanics. If you don't want to get tazed and arrested, you've got to raid in a group. You can't just solo it, but if you cooperative with someone, your buddy can shoot the cop before the cop can kill you after they downed you. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but it's fine like this.

This rule isn't just unnessecary, it's also extremely difficult to enforce and would result in a million more sits.
It's also very unreasonable with police's current loadout.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]

(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a rule stating that only Tramps & DJs can build in the streets, it's not too clear at the moment.
what about cop checkpoints?
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Specify that adverting Counter is a must-to-do for everyone in the base - for some reason nowadays the main base owner doesn't have to??? That's nonsense and that's everyone's excuse lately.
When you're getting raided? Isn't the counter simply to show up in logs? If they're raiding, wouldn't they already be in the logs for that?
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a default law stating that Government has to advert a warning before enforcing a law made by the Mayor, people forget to do so and just instantly arrest "because the law says only KOS and doesn't specify a warn is needed!!!".
Or make a rule that forbids KOS/AOS laws? (which I thought would have been added already)
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a rule that forbids people from baton rushing/tazer rushing. That means running towards someone who's firing their gun at you in-order to arrest them.
Sometimes you stand a better chance baton rushing/tazer rushing than swapping weapons if you're already in a gunfight. Forcing them to be less effective is unnecessary and unrealistic.

Rest are fine

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 09:55 PM by Kai 🦊.)

(07-31-2018, 09:31 PM)VRN|Laserman Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a rule stating that only Tramps & DJs can build in the streets, it's not too clear at the moment.
what about cop checkpoints?
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Specify that adverting Counter is a must-to-do for everyone in the base - for some reason nowadays the main base owner doesn't have to??? That's nonsense and that's everyone's excuse lately.
When you're getting raided? Isn't the counter simply to show up in logs? If they're raiding, wouldn't they already be in the logs for that?
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a default law stating that Government has to advert a warning before enforcing a law made by the Mayor, people forget to do so and just instantly arrest "because the law says only KOS and doesn't specify a warn is needed!!!".
Or make a rule that forbids KOS/AOS laws? (which I thought would have been added already)
(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a rule that forbids people from baton rushing/tazer rushing. That means running towards someone who's firing their gun at you in-order to arrest them.
Sometimes you stand a better chance baton rushing/tazer rushing than swapping weapons if you're already in a gunfight. Forcing them to be less effective is unnecessary and unrealistic.

Rest are fine

Cops should only have a checkpoint inside the PD in my opinion, there's a reason why there's a window and separate doors and paths for the courtroom and the conference room. Adding that rule will stop police from building checkpoints outside as well - unless something else is added for them.

The Counter is to let people know they're about to get shot from behind as they're interacting with the base, especially from a distance.

KOS/AOS laws shall not be forbidden? These are the punishments for not obeying the laws..

Updated.

Theese are some good points!

Especially the ear rape and building ln the streets because recently quite a few of my sits have been related to this, as well as cops straight kos’ing because lf the laws.
The changes you offered would work well so a +rep to theese.
Recruit since 6/2/18

(07-31-2018, 09:53 PM)Kai Wrote: KOS/AOS laws shall not be forbidden? These are the punishments for not obeying the laws..

If you have a law that says "Shooting at the police station is KOS" and another law that says "Cops aren't allowed to KOS" it's conflicting information. Why wouldn't you simply forbid KOS rules? I recall Blast saying something along the lines of having a chat with the staff about KOS/AOS laws not being allowed on the server. I really don't understand why this seems to be an issue, not allowing KOS/AOS laws is very easy to understand and very easy for staff to uphold.

(07-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Kai Wrote: Add a rule that forbids people from having any sort of race in their names - people with names like "Smelly Jew", "Stinky Asian", and more are usually just minges.
While the examples you give are clearly racist and most likely are just going to troll, censorship is always hard to do fairly. Forbidding all races or race related names seems a bit harsh. I assume there's quite a few people that have some kind of race in their name, for example the youtube streamer Asian Andy. In my own friends list I also have some with race related names.