Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Rules & Stuff

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2018, 09:19 PM by cadeN (Dave).)

READ THIS FOR MORE IN DEPTH STUFF : https://www.hawkservers.co/showthread.php?tid=4626

RULES 
Rant portion ( Feel free to skip )

With my past (Military family, military simulation games) its always been strict. Rules were straight up and understandable. At the current rate of this server and the rules, it kinda shocked me. Having a request rules RULES! In my opinion that is just stupid. A person isnt requested to do something by rules. It's either you are allowed to do it, or you are not. Theres none of this oh please do this, no. Its you either do it or dont.
   With my arma 3 milsim past. Its strict. Like I mean, you dont take the right step you will get burned for it. You do what you are supposed. Rules are there to keep you in place. You follow them.
   With the server rules they aren't straight up. Asking police to do raid etc... Isnt a good option especially with the darkrp gamemode being availible for all with the games access, having no whitelists to check people etc... It makes people (Mainly younger ones) not read the rules etc.. They join in and they're a part of it.

My requests
    Accounting for my past on different rules, some rules were better and some worse.
  • A rule that was loved my the old server was that Tramps & DJs were the only people allowed to build on streets (Only exception being the megabase in industrial)   
  • Another good one for this server from my experience is tazer rushing, some people arent great at aiming so police just rush them and taze them, this leads to many arguments between people. It should be that if someone shoots at u as an officer u have to fire back. Since this is [b]RP  so you're valuing your life.[/b]
  • [b][b]Anutha one. Harrasment is a rule, but annoying should be one too, from some of the sits people would make fun of another player, sit outside bases, raid them every 15 mins for 20 times. Stuff like this[/b][/b]
  • [b][b][b][b][b]Also the mayor shouldnt be allowed to kill someone, only when he is hurt, I've had this happen to me where, I killed a swat cus he tried to arrest me, mayor came behind me and shot me with his little pea shooter.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Rule for NLR says you arent allowed to come back to the postition of death, which i agree with, but it should also state that you're not allowed to interact with people that killed you, that means that for the 3 mins the person cannot talk to you since they Forget who you are etc...[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • I think the 3 fading door max rule should be changed to 5. I had a lot of saves of really good bases that had to be cut down to smaller ones due to it being 3 fading doors. Obviously we can still have no angle bases but put up the fading door limit, since people put all fading doors on front entrance, and a big boi with a grenade launcher comes and destroys it all
    [b]The rule for it being 2x2 for bases should be changed to 2x1 / 1x2 since rarely do 4 ppl raid and cannot get through (Mostly because all the doors get blown away by the GL)[/b]

[b][b][b]For the raiding rules it says you may not kill people near the base, but then it states you can kill people within the area.[/b][/b][/b]

• [b][b][b][b][b][b][b]It says in a different point too that you must /advert the raid or do /crime , we have the commands and people will get confused by that. (Also applies for Kindapping, terror and mugging too.)[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]For mugs it says you arent allowed to mug a group, thats obvious since the command /mug works once per certain amount of time.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
    [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]For mayors make it so for certain laws you must advert warning e.g guns in public. But for obvious ones such as murder or raiding it can be instant.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

• [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]For the swat/police it says you may warn someone, but you dont need to advert it, make it clear, you either advert it or warn them. Having extra will just confuse people.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]For swat/police warrants, it says please /advert police raid or something along those lines, make it just you must /advert police raid[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Secret service should be allowed to enforce laws if no mayor is active.
  • [size=medium][b][b][size=medium][b][size=medium][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]For hitmen and assassins it says you may raid to get to your target, but there is no raiding equipment on the Hitman but IDK about the Assassin since im poor Sad[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
  • [b][size=medium][b][size=medium][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][size=medium][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Make the rule for weaponry dealers clear, they should only be allowed to sell goods inside of a store, and not go to a base. 

[b][size=xx-large]Suggestions
So some suggestions i also got. For the basing, make it allowable to any size, as long as it isnt blocking road and sidewalk. Make the GL undetectable to illegal weapons, since if i get weapon check i cannot do anything to hide the fact i have one, since it is a perma weapon. Also nerf the fucking thing, GL is really op

Some few bits i have to say, sorry if i seem like i was nit picking these points, i just want all the best for the server and i want the rules to be straight up, a couple of the rules were 'inspired' by Kais post, so scroll to the top and definetly read his!

All the best,
Dave.

B B B B B B B B.

Ok let's comment on this now

1. I like the fact that DJs can make clubs and things inside of buildings. I have seen players gather in places like that and actually talk for once instead of just killing eachother constantly

2. Do not agree with this at all. If a police officer knows his aim is bad then take rushing is most likely way to win.

3. Yep, too many sits about people just being annoyed. But things would have to be put in place to determine this.

4. Mayor should be allowed to self defense but I also agree if he sees someone being shot he shoots them back if it is a pdraid. Only makes sense.

5. I already enforce this when need be so +rep

6. Nope, hard enough for raiders with death hallways anyway.

7. Yep should be changed

8.yep needs changing as well

9. Have to warn for all laws. Do not agree with this. Will be more RDA cases if less people warn.

10. Yep agree completely

11. Yet again another yes. Too many sits where people have complained about swat not adverting and getting annoyed with rules.

12. Yes, and no. Assassin should get raiding stuff hitman should not

13. And yes about the weaponry dealer stuff

Tramps & DJs
1. No building on the streets will supposedly be added to the rules soon. Until then, we can rely on every other job that is allowed (police, tramps, doges, DJs) specifically saying they're allowed to build on the street being enough for other peoples' common sense to take over.
Tazer rushing
2. No. Tazer rushing should stay: https://www.hawkservers.co/showthread.php?tid=4641
No annoying
3. Annoying the same over and over again people is harassment. I tell people to stop doing it or they get banned, and if they drag it on, well, they get banned.
No mayor countering
4. Mayor is boring enough to play as-is. Let him counter for fellow government members. He only has a little pea shooter, so it shouldn't be hard to kill him.
Supposedly his pea-shooter and taser will be removed in the next update, and replaced with an unarrest baton. He'll still be able to equip pistols, but will be a lot less likely to end up enforcing his own laws (since he'd lose his pistol if he died as a result, and it'd be a bit harder to, well, obtain the pistol).
No NLR to ask questions
5. I really only enforce location-based NLR during raids, since it's only used to be petty outside of that. Agree to some kind of specific "use OOC to talk to the person that killed you before calling a sit" or something, though, or a variation of that, or the raid commands being a lot more advanced and telling the killer he was killed by a raider, etc.
5 fading doors instead of 3
6. Nooooo. Grenade launchers are only allowed to be used on outside parts of bases, and it's fine like that because it discourages people from building eyesores and adds a negative to all the free room for abusive raiding tricks they're getting by making roof/tunnel bases. 5 doors is way too many, especially without pro raiding tools, and it's just making everything last longer and be a whole lot more boring. To add onto this all, changing the max. allowed fading doors will be devastating and fuck several things up.
(joelt missed #6, so my #7 is his #6, etc)
Change 2x2 to 2x1/1x2 between fading doors
7.  This rule isn't here to make group raiding possible, this rule is here to nerf doom hallways (the ones that people just fire down, where they'll 100% hit the raider, even without knowing where the raider is, because the raider is stuck in such a tiny area).
The reason it's 2x2 is so that the raider has a chance to move around and dodge the bullets instead of just being a sitting duck. If opaque fences become impossible to use/against the rules this would be fine by me, but otherwise no.
Rule inconsistency, no killing near the base but killing in the area
8. The area is the building. Poorly formulated, probably, could use some clarification.
Change "use advert" to "use raiding commands"
9. This is just incredibly outdated and has to be updated.
Remove "not allowed to mug a group"
10.  This is also just outdated. Supposedly the rules will be reworked in the upcoming update.
Specify what laws can be AOS/KOSed for and what ones need a warning
11. I agree to a small list of laws in the rules that specifically need a warning first / aren't allowed to be AOS/KOS.
Specify how officers have to warn
12. We've just been enforcing single warn in advert, but could use some clarification.
Change the request-like "please advert police raid" to "must advert police raid"
13. No, make it automated or remove it completely. Warrants are right there. They're visible to everybody, and they're required for police to enter the building. Don't force cops to use a command.
Allow secret service to enforce laws when there is no mayor
14. Secret Service is already allowed to enforce laws. But whenever there's a mayor, they need to be following that mayor around, and maybe enforcing laws while protecting the mayor, but protecting the mayor is his most important mission. If there is no mayor to protect, they can enforce laws.
Hitmen/assassins don't have lockpicks and crackers
15. Hitmen and Assassins can buy this raiding equipment from the Weaponry Dealer. They're literally the only job that has to purchase them right now since literally every other job spawns with the raiding tools.
Clarify the rule for weaponry dealers about building a store
16. I'm not sure how the rule is formulated exactly, but something like "you must own a store open to public to sell weapons" would work.
[Image: 4L9gfjz.png]