Server advertising in name

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> Everyone

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> Rule change to not allow people to advertise other server in there name

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> I have seen quite a few people with things such as OGL network in there name. Most of these people do not get told to change there name even though it still advertises other servers. I'm not sure if we are actually meant to get them to change there name.

This is already a rule (I'm pretty sure) But should be clearer in rules, next to the advertising different server rules.

(02-08-2018, 02:17 PM)Shadow Ninja Wrote: This is already a rule (I'm pretty sure) But should be clearer in rules, next to the advertising different server rules.

Yea, I always see people with it in there name but since other staff don't mention it I don't either. Just assumed it was allowed

I don't think you should give an actual !warn for it, or bring them to a sit. Just mention it or whatever and warn them if you notice they didn't change it like 5-10 min after that.
Other servers often have rewards for having server name in title, so people who play on other servers often have other servers in their name. If you are too harsh on them, I feel like they'll just leave the server.

(03-08-2018, 07:54 AM)VRN|Laserman Wrote: I don't think you should give an actual !warn for it, or bring them to a sit. Just mention it or whatever and warn them if you notice they didn't change it like 5-10 min after that.
Other servers often have rewards for having server name in title, so people who play on other servers often have other servers in their name. If you are too harsh on them, I feel like they'll just leave the server.

No I do think a warn would be way to harsh. Most people don't really read the rules when they first come on the server. Honestly I just bring them to a sit and if they refused to change I would just warn then. But warning as soon as they come on would just in total make it unfair and demoralizing for the player.

-rep who gives a crap if someone has another server's name in their name?

(03-08-2018, 08:43 AM)Neldonax Wrote: -rep who gives a crap if someone has another server's name in their name?

I mean, it is advertising other servers technically which is against the rules.

(03-08-2018, 08:46 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 08:43 AM)Neldonax Wrote: -rep who gives a crap if someone has another server's name in their name?

Who actually joins because of these adverts

(03-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Neldonax Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 08:46 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote:

Who actually joins because of these adverts

Who joins them isn't the problem, it's the problem that they try to get people to join them.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 11:02 AM by VRN|Laserman.)

(03-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Neldonax Wrote: Who actually joins because of these adverts
Since servers offer rewards for it, most likely people do join other servers or look them up because they're in the name of other players.
(03-08-2018, 08:51 AM)Joelt0105 Wrote: Who joins them isn't the problem, it's the problem that they try to get people to join them.
The majority of people don't really care if you join that server or not, they most likely just did it for the extra reward.