Suits; sidegrades instead of superior ones

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 08:33 AM by Remora.)

Suggested mechanic changes:
Suits can now be unlocked (still very expensive, but not above five million), and they are permanent, but you will need to purchase less expensive versions of the suits (1k-10k range) every time you spawn and want to use them.

Suggested sidegrades/minor upgrades:
Juggernaut:
The user takes 50% less damage from all bullets and explosives, but moves 25% slower. Takes 7 seconds to equip/unequip. User's footsteps are louder while wearing.
Great for raiding bases that trap you in tiny corridors, but also great for defense.

Traveler's:
The user is unable to use mouse-one, mouse-two or reload, like in safezones, but moves a whopping 100% faster (meaning 200% of normal speed)! Takes four seconds to equip and one second to unequip. 
When a Traveler's Suit user gets hit by a Scanner, 
Great for getting around, but serves little purpose other than that.

Tactical:
The user reloads and switches weapons 50% faster, but takes 10% more damage. Users' crouch speed is the same as his walking speed. Takes 2 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great for longer-lasting fights that require versatility in the weapons you use.

Double-Edge:
The user deals and takes 25% more damage. Takes 5 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great when playing offensively and you know you'll get in the first shot, like when playing hitman.

Sentry:
The user takes a whopping 75% less damage, deals 25% more damage, reloads 25% faster, but is completely unable to move. Takes 5 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great for defending and area denial, but absolutely horrible at any kind of offense.

Chlorophyll:
The user heals 2 HP and regains 1 armor every second while they are in sunlight but takes 25% more damage. Takes 6 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great if you don't like paying visits to the medic NPC and find yourself getting hurt often, but has little use if you like to base underground.

Supply:
The user does not consume any ammunition (reloading still nessecary) while equipped and has double clip sizes, but deals 10% less damage. Explosives still consume ammo. Takes 4 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great for people that would rather spray-and-pray and find themselves going through ammo quickly.

Astronaut:
The user is only affected by gravity half as much while wearing, meaning they will fall slower and jump twice as high. The user takes double headshot damage, however. Takes 3 seconds to equip/unequip.
Great if you like finding new ways to jump into bases or want to look at things from a different angle. Also great for snipers that want to position themselves correctly.

the "double edge" one is basically a normal player then. You deal 25% more damage but at the same time you take 25% more damage. It just counteracts each other.
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]

+rep
This
Is
Why
I
Love
You
[Image: IS_THAT_SO.gif]

(02-08-2018, 09:02 PM)Blast^^ Wrote: the "double edge" one is basically a normal player then. You deal 25% more damage but at the same time you take 25% more damage. It just counteracts each other.

that's why they're sidegrades and not flat-out upgrades.

This kind of thing is great for assassins or other jobs that play more offensively, since they'll be firing the first shot, and with the damage boost this shot will be a lot likelier to kill their victim, resulting in them (the suit wearer) never being damaged in the first place.

If the suit wearer is playing something more defensive, though, or like an officer that relies on arrests rather than damage, they'd be a fool to use the Double-Edge suit.

Whilst I like the idea of having suits for different situations is interesting, the idea behind them should be simplified to maybe one to three suits entirely.
What should NEVER be a thing that happens is that putting on a suit affects others around you, making the "Lethargic" suit an absolute no go.

An assassin using the climb swep going up against the PD or climbing bases is already an annoyance, now having someone that can simply JUMP to roofs and high up places.
Yeah no; lets not make that a thing; no "Astronaut" suit please.

Suits that otherwise affect a player other then HP and Speed are absolutely a no go.
There's already a large problem with overpowered weapons - lets not make it worse.
Inmagine a unlimited ammo GL, or a faster speed minigun.

If we want to keep suits (Honestly I would not want to)
They would have to only slightly boost someone's HP or speed to a max of maybe 10% (after testing)

okay this is annoying me now how many people are posting about this and adding random shit to get posts but quesse im doing the same...

As i haev said before they are best good at 1 on 1's but against 2 theif juggernoughts or 1 with good aim and with there shotgun it rekts my health and i haev to take it of
For example swat have nearly 300 health including amour and the op raiding equipement the. The suits when raiding are only op against noobs bases if you also got a grenade launcher but with emps its still harder to run around in a tight space.
Your points you made are bad no offence they all have to long to take on and of and you didn't put prices that they would cost and if they are perma or not

They are expensive for a reason and if you really want one then it will take you less than 10 hours of bitmining to get 20 mil and buy one. and can be counter by good aim...

O M G +REP as much as possible.

Ok let's start.

The juggernaut feature would be amazing for the people who see suits mainly as a raiding tool. This means that they would be unable to run in and out of a base in seconds using EMPs which is the main problem for suit raiding right now. Completely +rep this idea.

The travelers feature is good for people complaining about how the suit should be mainly used to get around the map. This would stop as much complaint about need or wanting cars or vehicles on the server. Thr only thing I would change is a slight time to put on the suit and take it off 2 seconding considering how much faster they are moving.

Tatical idea I could see being used for mainly shotgun builds. Possibly for assassins who use hit and runs to try and kill there nemy quick then get away as fast as possible.

Double edge you have already talked about but I would love to see this on sniper hitmen and assassins. Quick and easy kill but if anyone catches you then you are in trouble. Which I feel hits for realism with a sniper. (Even though clealry realism isn't something darkrp needs contradictory to what a lot of people say.

Sentry would be a really nice idea for the custom jobs with miniguns or even people who have lmgs on there custom job. This would be useful if you are trying to guard your base from anyone coming in without using the typical death hallway.

I love the idea of being able to regen for the people but my only thing is if people have enough to afford a suit then they are able to afford buying full health and armour. However, this could be useful for people who are in the sewers or miles away from spawn or plaza.

Supply could be again good for defending base if there is another of raiders coming into your base and you are short on time so don't have time to buy ammo as poeple are emping into your base.

Astronaught would be again really nice for raiders trying to get into a base with a fence or even trying to get into a view of the base on a rule. Could be good for assisting raiders through an eagle eye view and sniping.

Lethargic could be very annoying to players around you and could result in rdm of the player with the suit. Don't see much of the point in this besides trolling but still could be nice.

Now I would love to see something like being able to purchase multiple upgrades on the suit depending on the rank for example

V1 - 2 Side grades

V2 - 4  Side grades

V3 - 6 Side grades.

So let me be clear. A possible menu for the side grade is added which takes time to switch between them. As you mentioned when someone dies they lose the side grade they have equipped. 

There could be different around a 2 second equipping time for side grades.

(02-08-2018, 10:01 PM)xxx_xxx_proreaps_xxx_xxx Wrote: okay this is annoying me now how many people are posting about this and adding random shit to get posts but quesse im doing the same...
This is not post farming. I already have the required amount of posts for any potential future rank. Draig and Blast already are past the highest rank with a post requirement.

(02-08-2018, 10:01 PM)xxx_xxx_proreaps_xxx_xxx Wrote: As i haev said before they are best good at 1 on 1's but against 2 theif juggernoughts or 1 with good aim and with there shotgun it rekts my health and i haev to take it of
For example swat have nearly 300 health including amour and the op raiding equipement the. The suits when raiding are only op against noobs bases if you also got a grenade launcher but with emps its still harder to run around in a tight space.
With good aim, yes. I'd like to imagine my aim is decent. I can track targets well both at sprinting speed and crouching speed and even when bhopping, but not when they're literally Sonic. I'd like to see you try landing hits on a guy running around with the suits.

And you are able to take it off, and then you don't lose it. That's a problem. Because you'll keep the suit and you'll use it next time too, and you'll have a gigantic health pool and speed boost every time you fight someone. That's not fair. That's not fun for the victims, and that's the kind of stuff that makes them rage-quit.

SWAT are allowed to be overpowered. They're government-funded, and they're not allowed to harm you unless you break the laws. Criminal jobs can harm anyone they want to, whenever they want to, and there's no way for the victims to counter this aside from farming for hours on end (and getting raided by suit users a million times in the meanwhile, resetting their progress) just to get a chance at fighting back.

(02-08-2018, 10:01 PM)xxx_xxx_proreaps_xxx_xxx Wrote: Your points you made are bad no offence they all have to long to take on and of and you didn't put prices that they would cost and if they are perma or not

They're not points, they're suggestions. Mostly everyone already agrees suits are broken as-is, so that's not what i'm meaning to argue about - i'm trying to suggest alternatives for suits.
The reason the cooldowns are so long is because people shouldn't be able to change suits on a whim. That would just get abused. Since people no longer lose them on death, it shouldn't be too big of a problem; it's just the initial putting-on.
They're all permanent, as i said in the first part.
The prices can still be high since they are permanent. Not including these doesn't invalidate every single suggestion.

(02-08-2018, 10:01 PM)xxx_xxx_proreaps_xxx_xxx Wrote: They are expensive for a reason and if you really want one then it will take you less than 10 hours of bitmining to get 20 mil and buy one.
Something being expensive does not make it fair or balanced.

Hawk is incredibly pay-to-win. From Thief Juggernauts to donator printers, there's a lot of things that Premium members have that normal members don't.

"But they paid for it!"
Something being expensive does not make it fair or balanced, even when real-life money is involved. I still think premium advantages should be changed into quality-of-life things instead of straight-up benefits like the lockpicks and keypad crackers that are three times as fast.

And people that get killed by suits don't think it's fair.

And people that are trying to farm money for their own suits also get killed by suits, and they don't think it's fair.

And when players don't think things are fair, and they're not having any fun, they're going to leave and look for a different server.

(02-08-2018, 10:01 PM)xxx_xxx_proreaps_xxx_xxx Wrote: and can be counter by good aim...
Again, good luck hitting the speed devils unless they're AFK or cornered. Hitting them is luck, no skill. No amount of aim can help you accurately shoot someone that's moving around that fast. It really is just spray-and-pray.

I have to agree with remora here, trying to kill someone with a v3 would take fucking aimbot to do. You have to be so quick when killing them as if not they will take the suit off in time.
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 07:49 AM by VRN|Laserman.)

(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Two problems with suits, for two different parties:
1. For suit users, losing them is really frustrating and causes a lot of hassle. Also in situations like server crashes. 

2. For suit user victims, suits are broken overpowered with their incredible speed and health boosts.
Yeah it feels like there's no situation where people would go "oh yeah I lost my suit but that's okay". There's no situation that's worth the price of a suit, especially the better suits. This leads people to play very safe with them and usually either run no chance of dying or leave when they get in a situation where they might lose the suit. Effectively making it more of a permanent upgrade than anything

(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Juggernaut:
The user takes 50% less damage from all bullets and explosives, but moves 25% slower. Takes 7 seconds to equip/unequip.
Fair, would be nice to have some sound effect like heavy footsteps attached to it so you would know a juggernaut is approaching.
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Traveler's:
The user is unable to use mouse-one, mouse-two or reload, like in safezones (effectively unable to perform any offensive actions), but moves a whopping 150% faster (meaning 250% of normal speed)! Takes 3 seconds to equip/unequip.
Moving 150% faster is REALLY fast, so all it would be used for is going from point A to point B. It would basically become like a mount rather than a suit. People might get RDM'd just because when they stand still, as it's effectively the only way to lose one of these suits. If the mount aspect is what you had in mind for it, I think it would be better to reduce either the equip time, unequip time or both, as those extra 6 seconds could mean it has even less uses since it would only be used for long treks.
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Tactical:
The user reloads 25% faster, but switches weapons 10% slower. Takes 2 seconds to equip/unequip.
Feels like just an upgrade, if you're a defender, you're likely not going to have to switch your weapon, or at least not when it matters. I think a cooler option would be high reload speed decrease (so faster), high weapon switch decrease (so faster), but lower damage output or taking more damage. It would lend to a versatile playstyle with many different guns that excels at extended fights.
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Double-Edge:
The user deals and takes 25% more damage. Takes 5 seconds to equip/unequip.
Easy & fair addition, no brainer
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Sentry:
The user takes a whopping 75% less damage, deals 25% more damage, reloads 25% faster, but is completely unable to move. Takes 10 seconds to equip/unequip.
Really interesting, however I would lower the unequip speed to 5 or maybe even 3/4. As the equip speed is still 10s you still need the tactical insight to set up correctly at the right time, but decreasing the unequip time means the attackers would have to keep up the pressure to prevent you from unequipping it. If the unequip time is 10 seconds, it basically just means they either stop raiding or you die, which doesn't sound like a fun situation. (actions like shooting do stop the unequip timer right?) This would also greatly benefit from an equipping sound to warn attackers that somewhere a Sentry Suit was deployed.
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Regen:
The user heals 2 HP and regains 1 armor every second but takes 25% more damage. Takes 6 seconds to equip/unequip.
The only issue I have with this (since there's health/armor vendors, if there were none it'd be even worse) is it removes the need to go outside your base to heal. Leaving your base is very risky as you could get killed outside it by raider & not be able to defend it if you're solo. However if you get raided & lose a lot of health and armor, you need to leave to get that health & armor back or risk a defense when you're severely weakened. With this suit, you just pop it on after a raid and when you get raided again or have full health again, take it off again.
I highly doubt this is possible, but maybe have it require sunlight (aka being outside) to function?
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Supply:
The user does not consume any ammunition (reloading still nessecary) while equipped, but deals 5% less damage. Takes 4 seconds to equip/unequip.
Don't see the point with how cheap ammo is, only use I can think of is either drawing with bulletholes or being annoying. Brace for sits where people complain "he's been firing a minigun nextdoor for 5 minutes straight now"
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Astronaut:
The user is only affected by gravity half as much while wearing, meaning they will fall slower and jump twice as high. The user is 5% slower, however. Takes 3 seconds to equip/unequip.
When you think of the uses, the downside isn't that much of a downside, especially since it's only 5%. Maybe have the user take significantly increased damage from headshots (or increase the hitbox since astronaut helms are usually pretty big) to indicate cracking the helmet. It would be hard because most likely they'd be hopping around like a madman, making it rather hard to go for headshots, so the increased damage would be feel extra rewarding to land the headshots and/or the increased hitbox would make it easier
(02-08-2018, 08:57 PM)Remora Wrote: Lethargic:
Suit makes everyone in about a four-player radius around the user, including the user, switch weapons at 50% of the normal speed. Takes 4 seconds to equip/unequip.
Terrible idea, but you already realized that.

I'd also like to recommend a new suit,
Explorer:
The user can't participate in any illegal activities, can't attack or harm others. Has high damage reduction/armor, a slight movement speed buff (like 25-50%) and a small gravity reduction (like 50%).

Wouldn't have any REAL uses, just like astronaut or traveler, but would just be something nice to wear while going around checking out what's around. As astronaut prioritizes vertical movement and traveler prioritizes going absurdly fast. This is just a mix of both