Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

The Server Should Make A Trailer Or Promo Vid Imo

Yeah idk it sounds like a good idea but at the same time Hawk is doing really well and I don't believe it needs it but I guess go for it mate.
[Image: giphy_1.gif]

I used to make promotional videos for servers back when I played gmod 24/7. I found that the trailers with quotes from people were always the cringiest. I made one for a server which provided footage to me and they had people saying 'This is truly the most emotional RP experience of my life' and I was like... are you fucking serious? Peak times and showing interactions are usually the best bets as you mentioned, along with server features overlayed as text. As :O mentioned, the server's popular as it is - making a trailer would be pointless
[Image: Tx1NvBA.gif]

Either a very ironic & full of effort trailer or a serious one with more than enough effort.

Idk, seems pointless.
me jumping to conclusions IT DM
[Image: Xu0RfDg.gif]

I agree. This would definitely advertise the server and get the word out, however, we already have a lot of players as is.
Kyle {Moderator+}

{Recruit Mentor)

It would be fairly cool

i don't even know how you would start making a promo video for an RP server... let alone actually do it.
[Image: HCjJvLv.png]

(08-17-2018, 09:46 PM)saintnoodle Wrote: i don't even know how you would start making a promo video for an RP server... let alone actually do it.

I mean there are quite a few online, not that difficult.

I think the promo video would be nice for the population but as Joelt said we already peak at max players most of the time. Also, I feel like it would be a bit cringe making a trailer for a Dark RP server. I get that it would boost the player count but it would make me die of laughter and not in the good way.