Plats staff application

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 10:21 AM by Plat.)

In-Game Name
>> Plat

Preferred Name
>> Plat

Current In-Game Rank (User, Trusted, Supporter or premium)
>> Premium

Date of Birth
>> 24/09/03

Country
>> UK

Timezone
>> GMT

Total Playtime (screenshot if possible)
>>[Image: playtime.jpg]

Total Warnings (screenshot if possible)
>>[Image: warns.jpg]

Have you been banned before?
>> No 

Are you active on the Website? (yes / no)
>> To be completely honest as of now i am not but i am going to be

What is your Discord Username?
>> Plat#4040

What is your server score? (do t!rank in bots channel)
>> 255

Do you have any relatives on the server? (yes / no - if yes, state their usernames)
>> No 

Do you know how to use ULX? (yes / no)
>> No

How often can you moderate the server?
>> Fairly often, but on schooldays only after around 4:30pm as i have to get the bus home and do my homework

How many sits can you do within a day?
>> Quite a lot, as ill take any sits that havent been claimed when i am able too

Describe your personality and hobbies
>> Im a fun loving person who likes to play games a lot, im not great at maths but i do enjoy technology a lot and i am hoping to persue a career in it.

Why should we hire you as a Staff Member, what are your objectives? (minimum 1 paragraph)
>> I can play on the server for generally long periods of time and im unbiased towards all people, also i want to help minimise the problem of not enough staff online as that is usually when people commit mass rdm's and other serious offences also it reduces the problem of putting a staff request and when being pulled into a sit forgetting why because of the sheer workload of the staff members, i also frequently check the rules for any updates to keep people informed of rule changes. i am a fair person and will judge people in a sit by their playtime, depending on how long they have played if i want them warned, as being on a server for 5 minutes and getting a warning would probably suck and not give the server a good image, and as this is the only server mi play on i would like it to be of the highest quality so many more people can enjoy it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain the term 'RDM' and give an example of it
>> Random Death Match,   just killing a person with no warnings/not enough warnings jimmy is bored to he pops a cap in joduls head.

Explain the term 'Breaking NLR' and give an example of it
>> New life Rule    jimmy is killed in a raid on his base, he immediately goes back to his base to kill the raiders when they are still there, as the rules state you cannot go back until the raid is over 

Explain the term 'FailRP' and give an example of it
>> Fail Roleplay,   getting kidnapped at gun point as eg a citizen and just pulling out a gun and shooting your captor

Explain the term 'Trolling' and give an example of it
>> Trying to annoy other players in every way possible,  steve joins the server and starts blasting loud music down his mic and earraping people while prop blocking them

There are 4 pending sits on your screen, what do you do?
>> assess the situation and see what the most serious offence is and take that one first, going from most to least serious, and if 2 are the same for example 2 rdm sits take the one which was sent first

James connected to the server, changed to police and started randomly arresting everyone on sight, what do you do?
>> Freeze james and take him to a sit room, tell him what hes done and ban him for 2 weeks for MRDA

Katie killed tasid because tasid killed a tramp for attempting to kill him, what do you do?
>>i take all 3 of them to a sit room and ask the tramp why he attempted to kill tasid, then punish the tramp for ARDM, tasid would be fine since it was self defence then i would speak to katie and give her a verbal/warning depending on her playtime and what tasid wants
[Image: 395628490776510464.png?v=1]

I'd give you a honest opinion, but i'll do that later. And I love the fact in your RDM section you put something that only both of us would understand.
[Image: 481604056247435265.gif?v=1][Image: 481913012182056971.gif?v=1]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 11:13 AM by Kai.)

Not so detailed in my opinion, do you have any experience?
Grammar and spelling are not exactly top tier...

"i am a fair person and will judge people in a sit by their playtime, depending on how long they have played if i want them warned"
"would speak to katie and give her a verbal/warning depending on her playtime and what tasid wants"
A big no from me, all players are to be treated equally -- playtime is irrelevant in sits.

-REP

(09-04-2018, 11:13 AM)Kai Wrote: Not so detailed in my opinion, do you have any experience?
Grammar and spelling are not exactly top tier...

"i am a fair person and will judge people in a sit by their playtime, depending on how long they have played if i want them warned"
"would speak to katie and give her a verbal/warning depending on her playtime and what tasid wants"
A big no from me, all players are to be treated equally -- playtime is irrelevant in sits.

-REP

By that i mean say if someone has 10 minutes i would give them a verbal rather than a warning for something like nlr
[Image: 395628490776510464.png?v=1]

For me its a -rep
+rep's:
Alot of detail
1 warn.

-rep's:
Grammar is not too good
Judging a player to be warned if "I wanted him warned" And "On their playtime".
low server score
Doesn't know ulx (although can be taught quickly).

Good luck plat u thicc boi <3
Traps arent gay 2018
Blasto for owner 

Overall - Rep

+ Rep's
Great detail, seemed to work hard on the application.
Warns are low
Active on the server

-Reps
How could you possibly judge a player by their playtime? I have 9000 hours on Gmod, could join the server for 1 hour and you would judge me because of the time spent on the server? I've spent over a year playing gmod...
Grammar is not top notch, even though the MyBB forums spellcheck all the words you type.
No experience with ULX, however, with a mentors help that could get taught.
Not ever active on the forums or discord. It is essential staff are active on all 3 platforms. Discord, forums and the server.

From me it's an overall - Rep.
I just don't see you fitting in the team very well, it is a very hard and stressful job here on the server, and by the issues mentioned above... I don't think you're fit for the position at this current time

So You have no ulx experience which is pretty bad, you should look up how to use ulx cause if you get accepted, you will need it.
I don't understand what you mean in the RDM...
On the other hand you do have a lot of playtime.
Overall i suggest looking up ulx and learning it (it's VERY easy) and try to explain rdm a bit normally.. (i have no idea what you meant )
I Will have to -support this (-rep)
I think you should learn more about staffing and then come back... (i wish there was a sit watching job where you could sit watch and learn from the admins by watching.. it would be way easier)
plez +rep me I'm Mr.Lonely

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 05:45 PM by 𝕹𝖎𝖝𝖔𝖓..)

In some but not all occasions, judging a punishment based off of the players playtime could be useful. Perhaps they've just joined the server, became a cop and arrested someone for having a gun out in public without it being against the law. Usually, if they're a regular on the server, it'd be a warn for invalid arrest - but seeing as they're new, a verbal warning would be sufficient. A lot of servers have it so the police make and advert the laws if no mayor is online. That is not put into practice on this server and therefore would be a bit different for the player if they've come from a server where that was allowed. A verbal and then returning them, jailing them for 3 minutes and making them do !rules would be fine. A warning for a new player for something as minor as this would be too harsh. I see where you're coming from with the playtime thing, but it doesn't matter in the majority of situations - only rare ones.

Overall I'll have to give this a -rep just due to the lack of detail and writing skills.
[Image: Tx1NvBA.gif]

Denied. Too many -reps.
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]