Rules

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
Everyone

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
To have it so everyone joining the server for the first time has to read the rule book for at least two minutes before they can play.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
This would help to stop the excuse "Well on my last server I could do this". This would also make it so we don't just get people who are new breaking rules constantly, and racking up warn early on.
Hi my name is Luke!
Drop me a + rep

+Rep this iv'e taken many sits were they are like "oh Iv'e been on server for only and hour i didn't read rules" i'm like okay well go read !rules then!
Your skin isn't paper, don't cut it
Your face isn't a mask, don't hide it
Your size isn't a book, don't judge it
Your life isn't a film, don't end it.

It's a nice idea but I don't think it will actually stop anyone and probably just make people annoyed that they are forced to do that.
WHAT IF IT ISN'T DM?
[Image: 0beFvfg.png]

(09-07-2018, 02:54 PM)Joelt0105 Wrote: It's a nice idea but I don't think it will actually stop anyone and probably just make people annoyed that they are forced to do that.

Rather annoy these people for 2 minutes than let them annoy everyone else on the server.

The current do you want to read the rules message is enough, new players are given the option to read the rules or face the consequences for breaking them. It’s their own fault if they don’t read them. Forcing rules on people drives away players who don’t want have to sit their for 2 minutes unable to do anything...

That would be extremely annoying for experienced players of DarkRP and Gmod as a whole. The basic essentials are present on any server - NLR, RDM, RDA etc. It would be largely skimming through things you already know and have done, in the case of some, hundreds of times before across different servers. The Mass RDMers are still going to do what they do, and a 2 minute demand won't change much.
"Every Man a King, but no-one wears a crown." - Huey Long, Governor and Senator of Louisiana.

"Apathy is Death. Worse than Death. Because even a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects." - Kreia, KOTOR 2

it wouldn't change much. Most people who join to minge but not only will just close it and continue playing. There's a command, if you're here to actually play making sure you break no rules, you'd read them. Having a page open upon spawn wouldn't change much in my opinion.
Aryen

Hawk Ex-Moderator

Leave a +rep

There is already something that tells you when you join
FLAME
MOD+
Feel free to rep

Denied. The only thing this will do is annoy people, not turn them from breaking the rules. Most people who break the rules do it knowing full well they are.
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]