Pentigrass's Staff Application

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2018, 10:47 PM by Pentigrass.)

In-Game Name
>> Pentigrass

Preferred Name
>> Pentigrass

Current In-Game Rank (User, Trusted, Supporter or premium)
>> Trusted.

Date of Birth
>> 19/08/1999

Country
>> Wales, UK

Timezone
>> GMT, or whichever the UK is. BST now, I think?

Total Playtime (screenshot if possible)
>> 2 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes, 49 seconds and counting.

Total Warnings (screenshot if possible)
>> 3 - All for a form of RDA. I've learned my lesson since then. These occurred on the 20th - 25th of August, and since then have not recieved a single warning.

Have you been banned before?
>> In about a 1000 hours of DarkRP, I've gone through countless servers. I've had extensive disagreements with owners (One was selling Admin at one point, which I found laughable. Led to me being banned for arguing that it was ridiculous. Another was a server so steeped in corruption that admins were RDMing for an advantage while having infinite money. Got banned from there too for arguing about it.) I previously said, 'many times', but this is just my correction of that.

Are you active on the Website? (yes / no)
>> Yes. (I can try to be more active, but as a general rule I avoid forums, just out of personal taste.)

What is your Discord Username?
>> Pentigrass

What is your server score? (do t!rank in bots channel)
>> 286

Do you have any relatives on the server? (yes / no - if yes, state their usernames)
>> No. I have one cousin who plays Gmod, and I've yet to invite him to play the server because of school, but if the time comes, if necessary, I'll make it known. He's very similar to me.

Do you know how to use ULX? (yes / no)
>> Yes. ( I've been admin/higher ranks many times on a multitude of other Gmod servers.) For example, !menu allows you access to all commands available to you, and if there's a bugger-up in the assembly of a new rank, occasionally permissions may slip through the cracks, not particularly because of carelessness, but simply not being aware they happen. Such as rank management, I've seen a moderator having access to editting their rank while an admin could not.

How often can you moderate the server?
>> About as often as my re-ignited passion for DarkRP remains. It extinguished before with a loss of another server, went away for a while, now I'm back to full spirits. So, nearly every day?

How many sits can you do within a day?
>> As many as are required. Seeing as how my sessions are varied from short bursts to 12 hours straight and maybe even more, I can't say precisely.

Describe your personality and hobbies
>> I enjoy reading, typing, generally IT activities. I was recently diagnosed for autistic, and one of my 'quirks' is that I tend to be stringent with rules, and to forsake those who don't follow the rules the same as I do, as I discovered when reflecting after leaving school.

Why should we hire you as a Staff Member, what are your objectives? (minimum 1 paragraph)
>> I believe that the administration of Hawk Servers is already highly competent, as I've seen countless times before. However, I'm an administrator at heart, and I enjoy establishing or aiding in the establishment of order and rules. I consider myself highly professional, but remain extremely argumentative. If I interpret something to be bad, I'll attempt to address or remedy it to the best of my ability. I also have very little tolerance remaining for rulebreakers who can't even be smart by the way they break the rules (Mass RDMers particularly irk me. So uncivilised). I'll remain with the server, for a period of time I can't really say, but I can only say that I won't give up my soul to it. I've paid that mistake before with other servers, but this one, I can see a ton of potential. It's why I'm still here.

Apparently I need more detail by here, so here we go. Previous servers that I've been admin on I've witnessed fall to corruption, and I'd rather be banned from a corrupt server and say my thoughts than to shut up about it. If i see flaws in a server, I attempt to remedy them or otherwise suggest problems. For example, on Hawk Servers at the moment, I've seen numerous inconsistencies between the explanation of rules between admins. For example, some admins believe that Placing a warn like '/advert Back away, 1/2/3' is sufficient, while others believe that a warn should be adverted at least 3 times for sufficient warnings. I won't express my views in this application, but such rules should be clearly established and remedied. Hopefully, in time, as an admin, I'll be able to further elaborate and have my thoughts agreed with, or disagreed with, as may be necessary.

I also believe that some people don't deserve a chance to play on the server, if they're clearly not here to role play. They can be spotted easily, and by knowing the person you can pretty much accurately predict what they'll do, or what rules they'll break. I've seen it countless times already on Hawk Servers, but people have played DarkRP long enough to understand the basics - No RDM, no NLR. It's the fundamentals.

I also believe that the interest cap on money should be removed, and that after a certain point as such, people should be able to have an indefinite income. The 5k allowance at the moment requires about 2 hours to be able to purchase a shipment, but I believe with the potential rapid-pace of the server, the income to have it's cap removed and the income reduced to something like 0.1%, or at least half of what it is now. (Only in the event of the cap being removed, to prevent obscene wealth acquisition.)

On a side note, I've heard from multiple sources that my vocabulary is fantastic. If someone requires help with spelling or vocabulary, I'm more than happy to help.

I've got extensive experience with ULX across a wide variety of moderator and administrative ranks. The highest I've ever been is Staff Manager on a decently large server (About 10-40 players online at peak times) I've got access to a multitude of former owners and developers that remain good friends of mine even after the servers fail for reasons beyond my control (Some of the Owners simply were too occupied with University, and haven't been on Steam for months.) I'm a quick learner with commands, and was able to point out several things that ranks like moderator shouldn't be given, such as control over other, even higher, ranks. I was an admin on a large server with about 70 players on peak times, where I quickly escalated the ranks, despite rampant corruption and generally bullying tactics employed by some of the admins. I eventually fell out of favour with the developer over disagreements over the corruption that I was able to provide evidence for and point out on a widespread scale, which eventually led to a hiatus from Gmod for an extensive period of time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain the term 'RDM' and give an example of it
>> Somebody killing someone on the street for no RP reason.

Somebody kills someone, without advertising raid, or being in a KOS zone, or a terror attack, or failing to warn someone sufficiently.

Explain the term 'Breaking NLR' and give an example of it
>> A person returns to a base raid, or the location in which they died, or directly walks up and addresses the person who killed them, without appropriate reasons.

A person dies, and then approaches the person, which shouldn't be feasible as the person should have no memory of their life before.

Explain the term 'FailRP' and give an example of it
>> A person breaking the roleplaying of DarkRP.

You run away at gunpoint after being kidnapped, without a means to fight back. This is also called FearRP.

Explain the term 'Trolling' and give an example of it
>> Irritating or otherwise targetting someone to achieve a particular effect.

I want to annoy a person so much that they leave the server, therefore I harass them until they do, or otherwise comment controversial things in OOC to 'trigger' them in such a manner that they're forced to respond, typically for my own amusement.

There are 4 pending sits on your screen, what do you do?
>> I address each of them at a time, unless they're all related to each other (dying to the same Mass RDMer, being RDA'ed.)

James connected to the server, changed to police and started randomly arresting everyone on sight, what do you do?
>> I'll ban him for Mass RDA for 2 weeks. If the evidence is pretty cut and dry, then a sit isn't necessary, as what happened has already been determined.

Katie killed tasid because tasid killed a tramp for attempting to kill him, what do you do?
>> I over-read into this question far too much. The Tramp was attempting RDM at first, which would likely lead to a verbal warning, then if ignored, a warn. The tramp also FailRP'ed, due to having a gun. Tasid was in self-defence, being attacked by the Tramp. Katie would have had to /advert Counter to attack Tasid. If she/he (that's the reality of Gmod now) didn't, then that would likely lead to a warn.

(On a side note, both would likely be banned for offending God-Emperor Tasid. No heresy will be tolerated. Ave, true to Chicken.)
"Every Man a King, but no-one wears a crown." - Huey Long, Governor and Senator of Louisiana.

"Apathy is Death. Worse than Death. Because even a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects." - Kreia, KOTOR 2

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2018, 01:54 AM by alieninate.)

*Good explanation of the listed rules.
-NLR.
-FailRP.
-Trolling.
RDM isn't exactly clear. The last question doesn't say that the hobo killed him with a gun.
*I assume you have good knowledge of ULX as there's no examples or anything. It's not required of course.
*Lives in Wales = Cool ass guy.
*Seen loads in game.
*Past experiences with the staff role.

x Low server score.
x Not active on forums.
x Low playtime (In my opinion)
x 3 Warns in 2 days. (My opinion once again)
x Being staff kind of requires you to be on the on the forums.
x On my first ever time encountering you in-game, you were a DJ trying to revolt against the president by building in the PD, running around putting the radio in people's faces and chat spamming.

I guess Neutral.

{Don't know why I'm posting, this is a job for a staff member}
๒ɭ๏ฬร кเรร เภ ץ๏ยг ๔เгєςՇเ๏ภ

(16-09-2018, 01:52 AM)alieninate Wrote: *Good explanation of the listed rules.
-NLR.
-FailRP.
-Trolling.
RDM isn't exactly clear. The last question doesn't say that the hobo killed him with a gun.
*I assume you have good knowledge of ULX as there's no examples or anything. It's not required of course.
*Seen loads in game.

x Low server score.
x Not active on forums.
x On my first ever time encountering you in-game, you were a DJ trying to revolt against the president by building in the PD, running around putting the radio in people's faces and chat spamming.

I guess Neutral.

I mean, Alien, you're also making a staff application. Trying to put me down methodically to get more attention on your application. You sly dog, you. Two can play at that game.
"Every Man a King, but no-one wears a crown." - Huey Long, Governor and Senator of Louisiana.

"Apathy is Death. Worse than Death. Because even a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects." - Kreia, KOTOR 2

+Rep

Seen in game
Mature
Friendly
Sounds like you have ULX Knowledges

-Rep

Banned before on other servers loads? (Can we trust you..)
Low server score all though you meet requirements i recommended getting it up
Not much detail in my opinion
3 Warns for the same thing? (Have you actually learnt?)

Im neutral on this.. Some what heading towards -rep but mainly neutral!
Your skin isn't paper, don't cut it
Your face isn't a mask, don't hide it
Your size isn't a book, don't judge it
Your life isn't a film, don't end it.

(16-09-2018, 10:54 AM)Pentigrass Wrote:
(16-09-2018, 01:52 AM)alieninate Wrote: *Good explanation of the listed rules.
  -NLR.
  -FailRP.
  -Trolling.
*Seen loads in game.

x Low server score.
x Not active on forums.

I guess Neutral.

I mean, Alien, you're also making a staff application. Trying to put me down methodically to get more attention on your application. You sly dog, you. Two can play at that game.

I gave you neutral? Is that not good enough?

Also my opinion doesn't matter on these type of posts, it's the staff's opinion. Just wanted to share my opinion.
๒ɭ๏ฬร кเรร เภ ץ๏ยг ๔เгєςՇเ๏ภ

(16-09-2018, 11:14 AM)iCxnnor Wrote: +Rep

Seen in game
Mature
Friendly
Sounds like you have ULX Knowledges

-Rep

Banned before on other servers loads? (Can we trust you..)
Low server score all though you meet requirements i recommended getting it up
Not much detail in my opinion
3 Warns for the same thing? (Have you actually learnt?)

Im neutral on this.. Some what heading towards -rep but mainly neutral!

Banned on other servers because of massive disagreements, a bloke banned me for pointing out that he was selling Admin. Which is idiocy incarnate. 3 warns at August, of which I haven't been warned since.

If anyone wants detail, I think everyone I know can testify that I can give a 10000 word essay to create unnecessary suffering.

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2018, 06:46 PM by Not Fito.)

Um pentigrass mate, When do you play on the server?
I've literally seen you once in 2 days. This means i dont think you are active enough to fit the staff role.
Banned many times on other servers?
2d playtime, with that 3 warns, all for the same reason.
119 server score is extremely low and barely scrapes minimum.
If you're going to avoid the forums, I recommend not applying for staff, it is a VERY crucial part of the role.
The first and only time I've seen you on, You were trying to build in the PD as a DJ.
Little to no detail.
Also without the replies to this post, you would have 8 posts, quite low.
This doesnt really look good to me, have to be a Massive -rep from me.
Traps arent gay 2018
Blasto for owner 

-rep
By saying "two can play at that game" you just said you were going to -rep him for -rep'ing you
This shows you clearly do not have the attitude required for staff
[Image: 1792341.gif]im fat

I’m going to be simple with this one

You don’t seem like someone I would like staffing the server.
My reasons are basically everyone else’s.

-rep

Good luck
Hi my name is Luke!
Drop me a + rep

Wow, lots of -reps. Right, then, let's get to work trying to assuage doubts.

(16-09-2018, 06:52 PM)FatGayGuy Wrote: -rep
By saying "two can play at that game" you just said you were going to -rep him for -rep'ing you
This shows you clearly do not have the attitude required for staff

I said that, yet I didn't act on it. I simply found it a tad slimy that Alien would comment that while also posting an admin application. "Two can play at that game" doesn't require me to act on it, it's simply that I could post on his application for the same effect.

(16-09-2018, 06:45 PM)Fito Wrote: Um pentigrass mate, When do you play on the server?
I've literally seen you once in 2 days. This means i dont think you are active enough to fit the staff role.
Banned many times on other servers?
2d playtime, with that 3 warns, all for the same reason.
119 server score is extremely low and barely scrapes minimum.
If you're going to avoid the forums, I recommend not applying for staff, it is a VERY crucial part of the role.
The first and only time I've seen you on, You were trying to build in the PD as a DJ.
Little to no detail.
Also without the replies to this post, you would have 8 posts, quite low.
This doesnt really look good to me, have to be a Massive -rep from me.

I barely ever see you, Fito. I play as often as anyone else, and try to nearly play every single day, I'm typically a nighttime player. Today I played at 12 because somehow I managed to wake up at that time than my usual times.

On a sidenote, lads, should I re-work my application? If people want detail, I'm more than happy to oblige. I'd rather have my application re-written and then declined rather than having to have it declined then wait for a long time to edit it.

Sod it, for now, I'm editting out the Banned many times on other servers part. Just commenting by here to say that.