Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

James's staff application New and Improved

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 01:29 PM by JAMES (2).)

In-Game Name
JAMES

Preferred Name
JAMES
Current In-Game Rank (User, Trusted, Supporter or premium)
Premium 

Date of Birth
01/04/2002

Country
England

Timezone
GMT

Total Playtime (screenshot if possible)
1day and 10 hours 

Total Warnings (screenshot if possible)
2 warnings both active 

Have you been banned before?
No 

Are you active on the Website? (yes / no)
I have the website pretty much open on my PC 24/7 

What is your Discord Username?
JAMES#9034

What is your server score? (do t!rank in bots channel)

Do you have any relatives on the server? (yes / no - if yes, state their usernames)
No 

Do you know how to use ULX? (yes / no)
Yes here is an example:
!ban player then name and then reason 
!goto and then players name 
!freeze and then players name 
!bring and then players name 
!kick then players name then reason 
!warn then players name and then reason 

How often can you moderate the server?
I can moderate at a minimum for 6 hours after that it can range from 7 or 8 hours 

How many sits can you do within a day?
If i really tried i can do about 50-60 sits also depending if i get that many sits in that day 
although 50-60 sits is not my quota if there are more sits doing and no one is doing them then you can count on me 
to take over them sits and get them done.

Describe your personality and hobbies
I would like think i am very understanding and listen very carefully to words that come out of peoples mouths this being said i also allow people to take turns speaking i cannot stand if people talk over each other it is very petty and leads no where except more noise i would also like to think i am very hard to get annoyed which is a good thing as i know first hand how ruthless the internet can be, My hobbies consist of listening to music, my favorite type of music is rap and my favorite rappers are Joyner Lucas,Eminem,Kendrick Lamar and Ski mask the slump god (if you know who he is then you know how good hes music is), my other hobbies are playing games such as Gmod, Rainbow six siege, Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I started playing games when i was 5 years old so i would like to say i am very experienced in game terminology , how games work and how ruthless some people can be during games however i do not like to see myself as one that gets annoyed at a game however i just find what i did wrong and expand on that until i get it right. 

Why should we hire you as a Staff Member, what are your objectives? (minimum 1 paragraph)
Hello, my name is James and this is my 5th attempt at doing this application and i refuse to keep getting denied however i am willing to accept failure and expand upon it as failure is simply the opportunity to begin again ,this time more intelligently so here it goes, Let me start of on why i had the idea of doing the application, the idea came to me when every time i put in an admin request the majority of the time it would take about 1 or 2 minutes to respond (that's a lot of time for a gamer), i understand that staff is busy so i had the idea of if there staff members are too busy then they clearly are under staffed because the more staff members doing something means that there will be less staff members  being stressed which means the more staff members that are being more productive, i also looked at how many staff members there are all together, there are roughly 17 staff members (not including senior staff) and only roughly 7-8 of them actually come onto the server and do sits and taking the role for granted and clearly do not know the importance of a staff member people just think that they resolve arguments when that's not all they do, they make sure people are not being hateful to each other whether it is in the game or in the forums, they also make sure people are having fun and not ruining other peoples fun.

I would like to become a staff member as i believe i have the dedication and the charisma of a staff member whether it is replying to other peoples staff applications or being in Gmod and doing sits with people it does not bother me what i do because i know in the long term i am making an affect in the community of hawk servers and making it funner for everybody in it, i also mentioned i am very hard to be annoyed, i believe this is a valuable skill when becoming a staff member as you can be dealing with people that may be annoyed and may express it onto me and as the bible says i must turn the other cheek (never read the bible just know it says that) and i am completely ok with that however if they do not allow me to speak or are out right rude then i will not be so lenient with them and either resolve the issue myself or calm the person down and resolve with them, i also have had experience as i used to be a staff member on this server so i know and understand the rules and do not intend on breaking the or going easy on people who have broken the rules, you get a message as soon as you join the server asking if you wish to read the rules and it is not my problem if you choose to deny that request.

My objectives of becoming a staff member on the server is to have fun and enforce the rules however i am also aiming to have fun and meeting to new people and meeting the members of the staff team, just because i am here to enforce the rules does not mean i am not here to have a good time and enjoy myself and overall stopping people such as trollers,RDMers and other people that think it is funny to ruin other peoples fun, thank your for reading this.
Yours Sincerely 
JAMES

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain the term 'RDM' and give an example of it
RDM stands for random death match and you must have meaning and advertise said meaning advertisements you could use are as follows
-Raid and someone enters the base then it is ok 
-If someone shoots you and the bullet hits then you may return fire if you wish

Example of RDM:
James killed John because he looked at him funny  

Explain the term 'Breaking NLR' and give an example of it
NLR stands for new life rule meaning you cannot got to the area of your death for 3 minutes after the death and cannot remember the events leading up to the events of you dying 
however if you died during a raid then you can only return to the area after the raid is done doing so before the raid is over will result in the breaking of NLR 

Example of NLR: 
James kills john in a raid James then goes back after 3 minutes however the raid is not over then James would be breaking NLR 

Explain the term 'FailRP' and give an example of it
FailRP is when you would do something that you would not do in real life such as pull a gun out and shoot the robber when being robbed at gunpoint 

Example of FailRP:
John goes up to James and advertises a mug on James, James then pulls out a gun and shoots John 

Explain the term 'Trolling' and give an example of it
Trolling is when someone keeps doing something to a person to provoke a reaction that would then get the other person in trouble 

Example of trolling:
James keeps chasing John and calling him names to provoke John to kill him so he gets in trouble 

There are 4 pending sits on your screen, what do you do?
I start with the sit with the most severity and then work my way down the severity scale 

Example:
RDM pending sit or NLR pending sit, James would then choose the RDM sit as RDM is more serious than NLR and can be dealt with after however you do not know if the person will keep RDMing.

James connected to the server, changed to police and started randomly arresting everyone on sight, what do you do?
I would freeze James so he does not RDA anyone and then warn him if he arrested 2 or under however if he arrested  3 or more people then he would get banned for 2 weeks for mass RDA and advise him to read the rules 
(to ban them you would do !xban as it brings up a menu so you it easier, quicker and less time consuming)/

Example:
!freeze James then i would advise him to go over the rules and then !xban and then i will ban them through they're steam id  however if he just arrested 1 - 2 people then i would 
!freeze James then !warn RDA.

Katie killed tasid because tasid killed a tramp for attempting to kill him, what do you do?
I would bring them all to a sit and listen to all the sides of the story however tasid is fine for killing the tramp as long as one of the tramps bullets hit him however katie would get warned for RDM as she did not advertise a counter or get hit by any of the bullets.

Overall +rep

+ Way too much effort in this
+ Good answers to questions
+ Nice guy
+ Good anger control (I played CS with him so IK dat)
+ ULX knowledge
Big Boi Ex Staff

+Rep
Good DETAIl
GOOD GUY

+rep
seen on the sever quite a bit
gives good suck
lots of detail
decent knowledge of ulx
                               [Image: z5b2eaf5f6f532.gif]

+REP
Seen on a bit more now.
playtime is still a bit low for my opinion :/
good detail
nice guy

Still concerned whether or not you were actually ex staff tho.

uh gl innit
jodul fat xd
Not GAY or anything ; )

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018, 05:20 PM by Patrick.)

rep+
+ detailed
+ seen in game
rep - nothing
overall REP +
GOOD LUCK!!
I LIVE UNDER A ROCK

PATRICK
xoxo

James... You claimed in OOC you were going to write an eassy? Not 2...

+ Rep

= Very detailed application
= Mature
= ULX knowledge
= Active
= Friendly and decent guy

You've stood up to what you said you would do, which is make the application more detailed. I'm glad you have.
I wish you all the best James and might see you on our team sometime soon.

Goodluck my dude

Kyle

+reps
very active on the server
Amazing amount of detail
friendly man

-reps
cant think of any

So +rep from me, good luck with your application!
[url=[Image: 1792395.gif]

Accepted. Please make sure you read the staff handbook. Welcome to the staff team!
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]