25.00%
1 25.00%
Discard both of them
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Changes on the reports template

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> Everyone

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> Well, I will first leave the current Report template below:
Your RP Name*
>>
Your SteamID*
>>
Are you reporting Staff or Players*
>>
What are their names*
>>
What are their SteamIDs
>>
What happened* (give us as much detail as possible, including evidence)
>>

So, I'd like suggesting the following changes for the template that I believe are for the good and which benefits I will explain later on:
1 -> Making the reporter's SteamID not be compulsory and the reported user(s)'s one be compulsory

2 -> Adding a new section that would be: "Were there any witnesses? (people who you are confident that saw what happened)"

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> The first one would just be a small change, the reporter's ID, in this case, is not that important as you can just click on their profile to copy the ID from there, whereas the user getting reported may not get on the server after committing the rule breaking and so, cannot be punished for his actions, making this, overall, an easier way for staff members to take action.

The second one could go either very well or wrong as hell. Having witnesses that confirm the facts with either evidence or allegations could be essential for reports, having the right to testify about what happened without giving their opinion on the topic.
OwO ~Kai's furry hybrid daddy~ OwO

[Image: Tiw4CuO.jpg]

the red * means it needs to be filled out though

-rep on witnesses as people usally coment anyway, and it should be the same as sits, where we do not allow witness's.

overall -rep from me, I think the report system is completely fine as it is.
[url=[Image: 1792395.gif]

(15-11-2018, 01:47 PM)Your Teddy | Hawkservers Wrote: the red * means it needs to be filled out though

-rep on witnesses as people usally coment anyway, and it should be the same as sits, where we do not allow witness's.

Exactly, it is not needed for the reported user's ID, which, in my opinion, could make moderation a whole lot easier when dealing with a subject that may not even be registered in forums nor connect much to the game.

Witnesses shouldn't really be involved, for all we know people can get their friends to make something up for their own advantage.

(This post was last modified: 15-11-2018, 02:14 PM by Just A Gram.)

Witnesses should only come forward if they have evidence in my opinion, otherwise its a word for word scenario. Other than that the rest is a +rep
-Yung Clan-
-Since July 2017-
Have I helped you? +REP ME

Yea, we don't take witnesses in sits so we are probably not gonna have witnesses in reports either.

(15-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Kai Wrote: Witnesses shouldn't really be involved, for all we know people can get their friends to make something up for their own advantage.

(15-11-2018, 02:11 PM)Just A Gram Wrote: Witnesses should only come forward if they have evidence in my opinion, otherwise its a word for word scenario. Other than that the rest is a +rep

(15-11-2018, 02:14 PM)diego Wrote: Yea, we don't take witnesses in sits so we are probably not gonna have witnesses in reports either.

Okay, can you at least also take into account the first suggestion?

(15-11-2018, 02:23 PM)[VDT] Shadow Charmer Wrote:
(15-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Kai Wrote: Witnesses shouldn't really be involved, for all we know people can get their friends to make something up for their own advantage.

(15-11-2018, 02:11 PM)Just A Gram Wrote: Witnesses should only come forward if they have evidence in my opinion, otherwise its a word for word scenario. Other than that the rest is a +rep

(15-11-2018, 02:14 PM)diego Wrote: Yea, we don't take witnesses in sits so we are probably not gonna have witnesses in reports either.

Okay, can you at least also take into account the first suggestion?

That's a small change, but you do have a point.

(15-11-2018, 01:49 PM)[VDT] Shadow Charmer Wrote:
(15-11-2018, 01:47 PM)Your Teddy | Hawkservers Wrote: the red * means it needs to be filled out though

Exactly, it is not needed for the reported user's ID, which, in my opinion, could make moderation a whole lot easier when dealing with a subject that may not even be registered in forums nor connect much to the game.

But think about it: If the player who's being reported left the server and the reported tried to take his steam id but he already left. What would he do?

(15-11-2018, 02:56 PM)Sup Mama Wrote:
(15-11-2018, 01:49 PM)[VDT] Shadow Charmer Wrote:
(15-11-2018, 01:47 PM)Your Teddy | Hawkservers Wrote: the red * means it needs to be filled out though

But think about it: If the player who's being reported left the server and the reported tried to take his steam id but he already left. What would he do?

He'll ask a staff member for the ID or open the recent players menu and find his profile.