bladee komt eraan

In-Game Name
>> DG bladee

Preferred Name
>> Nixon/Bladee

Current In-Game Rank (User, Trusted, Supporter or premium)
>> Trusted

Date of Birth
>> February 1998

Country
>> UK

Timezone
>> GMT

Total Playtime (screenshot if possible)
>> https://i.imgur.com/6csf5a6.png - I have more since writing out the application lmao

Total Warnings (screenshot if possible)
>> 1. RDM. (Was accidental Sad)
https://i.imgur.com/0LUtShZ.png

Have you been banned before?
>> Nope.

Are you active on the Website? (yes / no)
>> Yes

What is your Discord Username?
>> Nixon#5995

What is your server score? (do t!rank in bots channel)
>> 3217

Do you have any relatives on the server? (yes / no - if yes, state their usernames)
>> No

Do you know how to use ULX? (yes / no)
>> Yes

How often can you moderate the server?
>> Daily. Could be any time whatsoever. I’m in uni so my sleep schedule’s very erratic. I’ll more than likely mainly be on when the American players come on (11pm – 4am GMT) – weekends will likely be 1pm-5am.

How many sits can you do within a day?
>> 30+

Describe your personality and hobbies
>> I’m friendly but firm. I like to think I’ve got a good sense of humour and I love joking around, but when it comes to being serious – my head is screwed on. I don’t allow myself to get emotionally attached to any situations and can therefore handle sits without favouritism/bias.

I’m currently studying BA Film Production at University and I have a Visual Effects & Motion Graphics qualification.

Why should we hire you as a Staff Member, what are your objectives? (minimum 1 paragraph)
>> I was previously an Operator on Hawk and head of staff & superadmin on Revolution RP for 2 years before it closed. I’m confident and proficient when handling sits and I understand how to cut through the bullshit and interact with the core playerbase of DarkRP, especially Hawk. My main objective is to process sits with a fair outcome that both parties can agree on. With my experience in being staff, this won’t be a problem whatsoever. I can easily get along with anyone, so even if the outcome of a sit wasn’t what someone involved desired, rest assured they’ll understand and agree with why the decision was made. Hopefully, given how active I am, more sits will be able to be completed quickly, sufficiently and successfully.

Explain the term 'RDM' and give an example of it
>> RDM stands for ‘Random Deathmatch’. This is where a player is killed by another player without a valid roleplay reason.

Example:
GamingSquare is a SWAT member. Yoyop09 is a thief.

Yoyop09 begins a raid by using /raid. GamingSquare sees the declaration in chat and races to the last known location of Yoyop09. As soon as he reaches the location, Yoyop09 has already used /raid for the second time, thus ending the raid. GamingSquare catches him walking away from the base holding his physgun. He then kills Yoyop09.

GamingSquare RDM’d Yoyop09 seeing as he didn’t actually witness him raid the base. Roleplay-wise, there is no evidence of Yoyop09 actually partaking in the raid with the exception of the chat declaration which is not in-character. Yoyop09 was also holding a physgun, meaning he posed no threat and made no verbal threats towards GamingSquare.

Explain the term 'Breaking NLR' and give an example of it
>> NLR stands for ‘New Life Rule’. With this rule, you cannot return to your place of death until 3 minutes have passed. You may also not interfere with any ongoing raids/events from your past life.

Example:
GamingSquare is a SWAT member. Yoyop09 is a lean producer.

Yoyop09 is a basing near the coast. GamingSquare looks through Yoyop09’s window and sees lean production equipment. He creates a warrant as illegals have been found. GamingSquare commences a police raid on the base. Upon entering, Yoyop09 attempts to kill him. GamingSquare fires back and kills Yoyop09. Yoyop09 waits for 3 minutes, then goes back to his base and kills GamingSquare, who is still in the base attempting to destroy his lean equipment.

Yoyop09 broke NLR by returning to his base. The raid was still ongoing. The 3 minutes may have been up, but the raid was still not over as it wasn’t announced via chat and 8 minutes did not pass.

Explain the term 'FailRP' and give an example of it
>> >> FailRP is where a player fails to roleplay realistically and performs actions which would be impossible or far-fetched for the character to genuinely perform. Essentially, it’s the failure to roleplay in a believable manner as the character you have picked.

This is a very broad topic, so I will provide two examples.

Example 1:
A citizen with a gun bigger than a pistol.

Example 2:
A SWAT member is chasing a thief, attempting to arrest them for brandishing a gun in public as the president announced it was against the law. The thief guides the chase down a narrow corridor which has an unowned door in the middle of it. The thief runs to the other side of the door, closes it, buys it and locks it meaning the SWAT member cannot get past.

Realistically, this would be impossible to do and is not a probable situation. Instead of roleplaying out of the situation, the thief decided to take advantage of a DarkRP game mechanic and use it to his advantage; ruining the roleplay situation for the SWAT and thus FailRPing.

Explain the term 'Trolling' and give an example of it
>> Trolling is the act of deliberately trying to annoy and cause a nuisance to other players on the server whilst not in character.

In this example, the trolling taking place involves micspamming and an all-round non-intent to roleplay:

LostInPlaceEpicFan joins the server, immediately says ‘FUCK YOU’ in OOC and somehow gets voted into being the president. He immediately writes an entire new set of laws, each one saying ‘FUCK YOU’. He then purchases a gun, begins to shoot the weaponry dealer who sold it to him and then gets killed by the dealer. Once he is dead and on the death screen, he activates his mic and lets out extremely distorted strings of obscenities, then goes on to repeat ‘FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU’ until he finally decides to respawn. Once respawned he spends a good few minutes typing a message to the admins. The message reads ‘FUCK YOU’.

All this player is doing is trying to cause upset and get a reaction from the other players.

There are 4 pending sits on your screen, what do you do?
>> I would first check to see if any other staff members are online. I’d ask via admin chat, and if that fails, via Discord. Whilst waiting for a response, I would get through them one by one. If no one else is able to assist, I would complete each one, one after another. If another staff member comes online during this time – I’ll let them know which ones they should take. I would never claim multiple sits at once unless they’re to do with the same situation.

I wouldn’t advertise the fact that there aren’t many staff members online, as this may cause more people to break the rules, thinking they’d be able to get away with it.

James connected to the server, changed to police and started randomly arresting everyone on sight, what do you do?
>> The first thing I would do would be to teleport him to somewhere out of reach from other players such as a rooftop or a sit box. If he continues to be restless by moving about or attempting to arrest me, I would freeze him. I’d then go on to ask him why he arrested all of those players. Realistically, there’s no getting out of this scenario. Anybody who joins a DarkRP server and randomly arrests everyone on sight clearly has no intention to roleplay properly and only has malicious intent. This player would be banned for 2 weeks for Mass RDA.

Katie killed tasid because tasid killed a tramp for attempting to kill him, what do you do?
>> I’m going to assume I wasn’t there to witness this. I’ll also assume that tasid was the person making the report about Katie. I’ll write out how I’d imagine this scenario to play out.

Tasid reports Katie for RDM. I bring them both to a sit. I’d then ask Katie why she killed tasid. I would NOT say “why did you RDM tasid?”. If I ask that then I’m already accusing the player even though they may have had a valid reason to kill them. Instead I’d ask ‘what was your roleplay reason for killing tasid’. Katie would then say ‘he killed a tramp’. Witnessing a random player kill another player is not a valid reason to kill that person. I would explain that seeing as this didn’t directly affect them, they had no need to get involved and certainly had no need to kill tasid. If they’re brand new, I’d again jail them for three minutes for them to read the rules, let them off with a verbal providing it doesn’t happen again and refund tasid. If they’ve had a fair few hours on the server I’d straight up warn them for RDM as there’s no excuse, return them after I’m sure they know why they’ve been warned and then refund tasid.

If the tramp had a problem with being killed, he can make a report himself. There’s no need to bring the tramp to this sit as that’s not what the sit is about. It’s only going to slow down the sit process with unnecessary information.

Let’s say the tramp then makes a report on tasid for RDM. I’d bring them both to a sit and then I’d ask tasid why he killed the tramp. Tasid would then say ‘because he tried to kill me’. I would then ask the tramp if they tried to kill tasid. If they’re an honest player, they’d answer ‘yes’ – but either way I’d check the logs to confirm. If it turns out that the tramp stabbed/punched tasid, then the sit gets turned around. I’d explain that tasid’s kill was valid as he was injured by the tramp. I’d then go onto ask the tramp why he attempted to kill tasid.

The question doesn’t specify anything about the tramp’s reasoning and there’s honestly hundreds of scenarios I could go through, but to cut a long story short – I’d act according to evidence. If there’s no evidence in the logs or from either side in video/screenshot form then there’s nothing I can do. If the logs or video evidence can prove either side correct or incorrect then I will act accordingly.

Thanks for reading! It’s almost identical to my old application, but I couldn’t really expand on too much – I’ve just refined it and edited some parts.
[Image: Tx1NvBA.gif]

(This post was last modified: 17-11-2018, 02:42 PM by Kai.)

Hello again Bladee!

You're fairly active in-game and forums, not really on Discord though. You can also be professional and strict when needed, but you're kinda disrespectful and mingey at times with other people in the community. I don't doubt that you can change, but I doubt that you'll cease it entirely either because it seems to be a personality-wise matter. Your knowledge of the rules is very firm and you used to be staff here before, even if it wasn't exactly for long due to your university business -- you're still experienced.

I'm gonna give you a very careful +rep, and I want you to start communicating on the Discord server a bit and act with respect towards others in the community.

Good luck!

(This post was last modified: 17-11-2018, 02:57 PM by Santa Claus (Official).)

(17-11-2018, 02:41 PM)Kai Wrote: Hello again Bladee!

You're fairly active in-game and forums, not really on Discord though. You can also be professional and strict when needed, but you're kinda disrespectful and mingey at times with other people in the community. I don't doubt that you can change, but I doubt that you'll cease it entirely either because it seems to be a personality-wise matter. Your knowledge of the rules is very firm and you used to be staff here before, even if it wasn't exactly for long due to your university business -- you're still experienced.

I'm gonna give you a very careful +rep, and I want you to start communicating on the Discord server a bit and act with respect towards others in the community.

Good luck!

big kiss. No worries! I get where you're coming from and I can definitely do what you've mentioned.
[Image: Tx1NvBA.gif]

+Mature
+ Warns
+ Semi decent detail
+ I see you a lot in game

- Could of listed some ULX commands :p
Overall +rep

Accepted!
Blast - Community Manager
Please +rep or your triple gay
[img][Image: tsqNlrp.png][/img]