Hawk Servers

MNLR Shouldn't Be A 5 Day Ban.

Suggestion Template
Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> New players, who don't yet understand the rules.

What is your main suggestion? (provide links if possible)
>> Mass New Life Rule (MNLR) should not be a 5 day ban.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> People may not really understand the rules and so I think it's unfair that MNLR is a 5 day ban.
As you can see in this screenshot, this random person also thinks that "I honestly don't think that should be a ban" (Not allowed to leak staff chat)
[Image: 2gpPtkg]http://prntscr.com/m6os2w

It's their fault for not reading the rules that are literally offered to them when they join.
[Image: HunksignatureSeAd.png]

What?? They should have read the rules.
[Image: jif.gif]

(This post was last modified: 14-01-2019, 05:32 PM by sungiol.)

No.

If people don't read the rules then it's their fault, there is a pop up on the screen when they join

If a player joins and just arrests people randomly and their reason is "i didn't know" then we wouldn't not ban them
-Gamer Grill

(This post was last modified: 14-01-2019, 05:02 PM by Exhility.)

(13-01-2019, 07:09 PM)Jodul Wrote: It's their fault for not reading the rules that are literally offered to them when they join.

(13-01-2019, 07:12 PM)Plat Wrote: What?? They should have read the rules.

Lol if this is the case then why not make every single offence a 5 day ban and then when people complain just say they should've read the rules?

i agree with milkman here, mnlr on its own is mostly harmless unless other things are done accompanying it. 5 days is too much and saying JUST READ THE RULES is a pretty weak argument imo

+rep
[Image: UsWPhQ9.png]

(14-01-2019, 05:01 PM)Exhility Wrote: Lol if this is the case then why not make every single offence a 5 day ban and then when people complain just say they should've read the rules?

i agree with milkman here, mnlr on its own is mostly harmless unless other things are done accompanying it. 5 days is too much and saying JUST READ THE RULES is a pretty weak argument imo

+rep

If we are making offences like MNLR unbannable, we may as well make MHSA and MSSA non-bannable, after all, the damage is MOSTLY harmless as well, right?
People shouldn't get pissed off by others coming back to defend their base while they are raiding nor by others just making their screen blurry and be immobilised for a bit, using your logic

Rules are there to be read and remain unbroken, not just as a decoration, new players are suggested to read the rules when they log on the server, so they shouldn't be complaining afterwards.

-rep
[Image: Tiw4CuO.jpg]

(14-01-2019, 05:19 PM)[VDT] Shadow Charmer Wrote:
(14-01-2019, 05:01 PM)Exhility Wrote: Lol if this is the case then why not make every single offence a 5 day ban and then when people complain just say they should've read the rules?

+rep

If we are making offences like MNLR unbannable, we may as well make MHSA and MSSA non-bannable, after all, the damage is MOSTLY harmless as well, right?
People shouldn't get pissed off by others coming back to defend their base while they are raiding nor by others just making their screen blurry and be immobilised for a bit, using your logic

Rules are there to be read and remain unbroken, not just as a decoration, new players are suggested to read the rules when they log on the server, so they shouldn't be complaining afterwards.

-rep

No, coming back to defend your raid is different from coming back to your location of death, which is the primary meaning of NLR. If someone just came back to the base they died in during a raid, yes it is breaking NLR, no it hasn't harmed anyone.
SSA and HSA damage you, cc you, blind you, they are harmful.

And I did not say to make MNLR non-bannable.

And your argument is that the punishment for MNLR, as well as all other punishments, are unchangeable and you just have to accept it for the way it is. Wrong. Everything is changeable and if changing it improves the server, then there's no reason to deny it.
[Image: UsWPhQ9.png]

It used to be a warn, which was pretty much okay.

Though I must add; if you want to verbal a new player for breaking NLR a lot of times, you can do so instead of banning. But please make sure they learn from it and read the rules.

On hold.

Done, the handbook has been updated.