Hawk Servers

Lottery

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 09:11 AM by FrazSays.)

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> The server itself

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> The lottery is by FAR the most ignored thing on the server, nobody ever pays attention to it, and I'm fairly certain that not many people participate
I think it should be removed or made more interesting because coin flips are just way better and practically replaces what the lottery does.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> It eliminates an annoying popup only to have a small chance of winning your money back (that's if you even participate).

Thx for reading

I like the lottery, it's a nice little addition that you can spend your money on. It can be useful for the newer people so that they can put 5k in and hope to win like 250k and that would give them a nice boost.

i think the lottery prices should be raised so we can have higher lotteries
[Image: 59b08187a61e13fc449991ca95e0ae62.png]

(03-02-2019, 06:42 PM)Patrick Wrote: i think the lottery prices should be raised so we can have higher lotteries

agreed

the lottery is just a waste of time ngl , If you raise the prices one day some lucky git is just gonna destroy the econ with a huge win like 3 bil or whatever , and if you make it the other way its just pointless like the vote system and it just pisses me off!
+rep or mum gae 

(03-02-2019, 06:42 PM)Patrick Wrote: i think the lottery prices should be raised so we can have higher lotteries

Coinflip.

So, first of all the lottery and the coinflips are different ways of gambling. Coinflips are high risk (low, med, high depending on the flip) reward. Where lotteries are low-risk high reward (depends). A mayor can start a lottery and set the prices (According to the commands menu). Where it's just like 500$ and you can win up to 499.500 if other 99 join it, if you win anyway. So a low amount of money (500 in this case) for a possible high reward. Where as coin flips are just 50/50. You have a high chance of winning but a high chance of losing as well.

And the pop-up? What does that annoy you with? Unless you play on res 144x32 it shouldn't even bother you? It's not like it covers half the screen..? I'm pretty sure you can just press F3 and click "No".
[Image: ba76d1102a211c934a9bc81d25afd69e.png]

(03-02-2019, 07:54 PM)Kai Wrote:

Coinflip.

Coinflip is just between two people, 50/50 that you lose your bet. Lottery is a lot lower in terms of what you bet, and a lot higher in terms of what you win, except there's a lower chance of winning. Raising the possible bets for the lottery wouldn't do any harm, and comparing it to coinflip doesn't justify the positives with it I think.

I like it just the way it is. For new people with little money, it's a good opportunity to make easy money without the risk that coin flips have

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 03:18 PM by Patrick.)

(03-02-2019, 07:54 PM)Kai Wrote:

Coinflip.

But you gamble against more then one person in lottery so it’s more fun and risky
[Image: 59b08187a61e13fc449991ca95e0ae62.png]