Hawk Servers

The core problem with bases.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 09:18 PM by ✗ Jake ✗.)

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> Players

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> Fix the rules below.

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> Me and BMO have talked about the main problems with bases, and here's what we think would balance bases again

The Problems:
1) Defender one ways, both should be able to see each other.
2) Lockpick bases, impossible for solo raids (past fading doors).
3) 'Loot rooms' used as extra doors, it should be for crates to store printers, not to secure an entire room.
4) Countering rules allow better defence from outside than from inside.

The solutions:
1) All one ways that allow you to gain an advantage over raiders should be banned.
2) Ban them.
3)  Specify that it can't be used as a door/entrance block only as a storage vessel.
4) The raider must be fully inside the base before you can counter, past all fading doors. (This makes raiding fairer, and forces defenders to be more careful, and most importantly stops the rampant abuse of the current countering system.)

It stops bases being so OP that raids are near impossible, this will also help fix the economy if a reset or 'cap' ( e.g. anyone with  50M+ set down to 50M ) ever occurs as it makes successful raids more common, stopping easy money gains.

Why am I making this? Cause the server is getting boring, there's no risk to making money. Which there very obviously should be. Yesterday night, I was literally playing chess while getting raided because why should I not? Not like they're going to get in, 100 people could funnel into the base, and the only reason the defence would ever lose is if they ran out of bullets.
[Image: i2HZmol.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 09:34 PM by BMOwO.)

1) Defender one ways, both should be able to see each other.

4) The raider must be fully inside the base before you can counter, past all fading doors.

These 2 seem extreme Right?

Well currently these make bases take no skill to defend and make insane amounts of money for doing so.
It should be the better player wins but right now its " The Defender wins" 99% of the time because raiding is more of a guessing game than coinflips

What the raiders have to do:

You have to find a narrow shooting gap behind a whiteout wall then perfectly predict where the defender will pop up and when.
Even if you get this insane task right you need to reapeat this around 12x on a V3 Tank suit to kill the defender

So what does the defender have to do?

They have to crouch and watch you through a world glow one way and when they want they pop up from their bulletproof cover and shoot you.
Or they can do nothing and wait for their friend in a speed suit to come and shoot the raider in the back with a counter

If both of these are added it makes getting into a base more about outplaying the defender instead of playing blind wack a mole but feel free to leave suggestions below
[img][Image: Rrr3Vas.gif][/img]

-rep theses rules are not fair if u see each other why not make the while base see through and countering rules are the best so basically someones raiding u u so u wait outside let him in ur base then kill him no

Fucking +Rep
At the minute basing is literally so easy to do its unreal everyone at the minute has an unraidable base because all you have to do is look above world glow and kill the people its not that hard and can they see you? no so how is that fair. I totally agree.
Any problems discord is Scooby28#2000

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 10:11 PM by BMOwO.)

(04-08-2019, 09:55 PM)thor_sm Wrote: -rep theses rules are not fair if u see each other why not make the while base see through and countering rules are the best so basically someones raiding u u so u wait outside let him in ur base then kill him no

So you are somehow trying to say that make a defender visable when attacking is on the same scale as making the whole base see through? 
The counter rules are to stop a hoverboard/Speed suit/astro suit running up behind you half way into a raid and killing you from a unfair angle you cant shoot from above so why should you be able to shoot them in the back?
But if you have a way to do all of this without the changes i suggest let me hear them

(04-08-2019, 09:55 PM)Evil Scooby Wrote: Fucking +Rep
At the minute basing is literally so easy to do its unreal everyone at the minute has an unraidable base because all you have to do is look above world glow and kill the people its not that hard and can they see you? no so how is that fair. I totally agree.

Good to see me and jake arnt the only ones that think basing is too powerful at the moment
[img][Image: Rrr3Vas.gif][/img]

back when deadmonstor made worldglow two-way at all times we had a good time i miss that time
i think dead's already planning on making it like that again though

but yeah most people that look up cool gamer darkrp bases are 99% unraidable and can only be killed by wallhacks or getting stupidly lucky

Right now what NEEDS to be done
• REMOVE ONE WAYS
• CHANGE COUNTERS

even just that, would help so, so ,so much.
[Image: i2HZmol.png]

+Rep

This type of suggestion has been made countless times, and nothing has happened, hopefully under new Owner and Devs, the building rules will change.
(04-08-2019, 09:18 PM)✘ Jake ✘ Wrote: 3)  Specify that it can't be used as a door/entrance block only as a storage vessel.

Yes. Yes. Yes. We are basically allowed 5 fading doors to get inside bases now, thats clapped, this ain't elitelupus shit

+rep at the moment most bases are unraidable because the raider has got to guess where the defender is and by the time they figure that out there dead because they have to get out of cover to see where they are shooting from but also after they have figured it out the defender can just move and its op.

massive +rep.
It's very unfair for the raiders sometimes.
Not every one of those needs to be added but add some like no one-ways and maybe change up counters a bit.
That would help out a lot.
[Image: Catyluss_Hawk_Forums_signature.jpg]